Head Coaches New Places 2019
02-06-2019, 12:44 PM,
RE: Head Coaches New Places 2019
 x 0  x 0 
Jim McBride
@globejimmcbride
42 minutes ago
BREAKING: #Patriots will officially name Greg Schiano as their defensive coordinator, a league source confirmed.
02-06-2019, 12:48 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
(02-06-2019, 12:44 PM)Shmendal Wrote:  Jim McBride
@globejimmcbride
42 minutes ago
BREAKING: #Patriots will officially name Greg Schiano as their defensive coordinator, a league source confirmed.

Damn....good move, smh this Franchise sets the bar!
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor
02-07-2019, 04:54 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Bengals coach Zac Taylor defended the controversial hire of offensive line coach Jim Turner on Thursday, saying he has no problem giving Turner his first job in the NFL since 2014.

Turner has not worked in the league since he was fired by the Miami Dolphins in February 2014 in the wake of the Wells report, which detailed a series of bullying incidents within the franchise. Turner was a prominent figure named in the report.
02-07-2019, 05:30 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-the-8-nfl-new-head-coaches-as-the-coaching-carousel-stops-%e2%80%a6-for-now/ar-BBTgii5?ocid=ientp
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
02-07-2019, 05:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 02:47 PM by Shmendal.)
 x 1  x 0 
(02-07-2019, 05:30 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ranking-the-8-nfl-new-head-coaches-as-the-coaching-carousel-stops-%e2%80%a6-for-now/ar-BBTgii5?ocid=ientp

ha, the Gase picture from that article...

Attached Files Image(s)

02-11-2019, 02:47 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Saints announce Darren Rizzi as their special teams coordinator

There was word early this month that the Saints were making a change at the top of their special teams coaching staff and they confirmed it on Monday.

Darren Rizzi has been hired as their new special teams coordinator. He takes the place of Bradford Banta, who was let go along with assistant special teams coach Kevin O’Dea and senior assistant Mike Westhoff after the Saints lost in the NFC Championship Game.

Rizzi ran the special teams for the Dolphins from 2011 to 2018 and also had an assistant head coach title in his final years in Miami. Rizzi interviewed for the Dolphins head coaching job before they hired Brian Flores and also met with the Packers before taking the job in New Orleans.

The Dolphins hired Danny Crossman to run special teams on Flores’ staff in 2019.
02-11-2019, 03:09 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(02-11-2019, 02:47 PM)Shmendal Wrote:  Saints announce Darren Rizzi as their special teams coordinator

There was word early this month that the Saints were making a change at the top of their special teams coaching staff and they confirmed it on Monday.

Darren Rizzi has been hired as their new special teams coordinator. He takes the place of Bradford Banta, who was let go along with assistant special teams coach Kevin O’Dea and senior assistant Mike Westhoff after the Saints lost in the NFC Championship Game.

Rizzi ran the special teams for the Dolphins from 2011 to 2018 and also had an assistant head coach title in his final years in Miami. Rizzi interviewed for the Dolphins head coaching job before they hired Brian Flores and also met with the Packers before taking the job in New Orleans.

The Dolphins hired Danny Crossman to run special teams on Flores’ staff in 2019.

LOL 
02-11-2019, 03:16 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(02-11-2019, 03:09 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  He takes the place of Bradford Banta, who was let go along with assistant special teams coach Kevin O’Dea and senior assistant Mike Westhoff after the Saints lost in the NFC Championship Game.

Does this mean that Westhoff is available?!?!
02-11-2019, 03:18 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
It's such a bullshit mean nothing title. Just have to laugh they even included that.
02-15-2019, 12:52 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Saints hire another special teams coach

The Saints have thrown a lot of resources at their special teams issues in recent years, and they added more help Friday.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Saints are hiring Penn State assistant Phil Galiano as their assistant special teams coach.

He joins new special teams coach Darren Rizzi, who was in some degree of demand after interviewing for the Dolphins head coaching job, not getting it, and then not wanting to hang around.

Galiano has worked in the NFL previously, spending two years with the Buccaneers. He has also coached at Rutgers and Miami.

The Saints hired veteran Mike Westhoff in the middle of the 2017 season to help the two coaches they already had on staff (Bradford Banta and Kevin O’Dea), and they let all three go after their loss in the NFC Championship Game.
02-16-2019, 06:03 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Just brought in Reggie McKenzie to the personnel dept. There's a shitload of experience up and down this admin and staff.
I am optimistic; At least until sunday!
02-28-2019, 05:16 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(02-07-2019, 04:54 PM)Shmendal Wrote:  Bengals coach Zac Taylor defended the controversial hire of offensive line coach Jim Turner on Thursday, saying he has no problem giving Turner his first job in the NFL since 2014.

Turner has not worked in the league since he was fired by the Miami Dolphins in February 2014 in the wake of the Wells report, which detailed a series of bullying incidents within the franchise. Turner was a prominent figure named in the report.

Jim Turner: Unfortunately some things I said came out, so I have to be smarter

Getty Images

The Bengals hired Jim Turner as their offensive line coach and that means he is back in the NFL for the first time since being fired by the Dolphins following an investigation into allegations of bullying inside the organization during the 2013 season.

In a report put together by Ted Wells at the behest of the NFL, Turner was cited for tolerating and participating in harassment of players including former NFL offensive lineman Jonathan Martin. He sued Wells for defamation, but that suit was dismissed last year.

Turner worked with Bengals head coach Zac Taylor at Texas A&M and was set to work under Taylor on the University of Cincinnati staff in 2016 before an offer to return to A&M presented itself.

Turner was suspended two weeks while at the school because he included sexually themed jokes in a presentation made at a football clinic for women.

Taylor said he does not have concerns about Turner’s behavior earlier this month. Turner cited his Irish Catholic background and time in the Marine Corps with giving him a coarse sense of humor and made him comfortable being “harsh” and “direct” when it comes to telling players what to do. He also said he’s learned that he needs to find other ways to make those points in the future.

“You need to make your points,” Turner said, via ESPN.com. “I don’t see the NFL, speaking to an offensive line in the NFL, as much different. And so there are some things said sometimes that wouldn’t come out right if the average citizen walking down the street were to listen to it. Unfortunately, some of the things that I said and some of the things I did with my players had to come out. And so, moving forward, I just have to be smarter about what I do when I try to use entertainment to motivate the players.”

Turner said he appreciates that Taylor stood on the table for him and that he will “come in here and do the right thing and do a good job” for the Bengals.