Gamethread: Knicks@Pacers 12/4/17
12-04-2017, 11:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 11:15 AM by Are We There Yet.)
 x 0  x 0 
No Timmy/KP. Knicks win by 8. Come at me bro!
12-04-2017, 11:31 AM,
RE: Gamethread: Knicks@Pacers 12/4/17
 x 0  x 0 
25+ minutes for Frank please.
12-04-2017, 11:52 AM,
 x 1  x 0 
I have no problem with the way Jeff has handled things yet. I do think it's time to play Frank more minutes though. He's been avg about 20mpg or so. Would like to see that creep up to 25+ like Blue said. Win or lose. We don't have to win games when KP/Timmy are out. This is an opportunity to play the kids more when the game isn't a blow out. Trying to win this game with vets is pointless to me.
12-04-2017, 01:02 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2017, 11:52 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  I have no problem with the way Jeff has handled things yet. I do think it's time to play Frank more minutes though. He's been avg about 20mpg or so. Would like to see that creep up to 25+ like Blue said. Win or lose. We don't have to win games when KP/Timmy are out. This is an opportunity to play the kids more when the game isn't a blow out. Trying to win this game with vets is pointless to me.

We always seem to have coaches who place short term wins first and so neglect development of young players. Hopefully Jeff will prove the exception, though so far I see no real sign of that.

Not saying he's a bad coach, but he wants to protect his job, and a lot of losses won't do that in this organization, media conscious as it is.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
12-04-2017, 01:14 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
^ he's come out and said this is a development year basically, but agree he hasn't been consistent with his decisions in regard to that. seems like he almost flip flops.
New York Knicks: pummeling fans’ hopes and dreams since 2001 
12-04-2017, 03:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 03:38 PM by bigjeep8.)
 x 0  x 0 
Yesterday ---- when I was young?  OOP's I mean yesterday we might have seen the future of our starting backcourt when Frank and Dotson were on the court together! Dotson was not involved much with the offense but was a force on defense. Needs to get more time and more shots. Frank hit a few baskets, but wasn't a factor as a PG and was ringing up the fouls at an alarming rate. 
Game 7 of the Championship series Against the Lakers with Wilt! 

Red: You know my mama wanted me to be a Coach.

Willis: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
12-04-2017, 03:38 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Oh, I forgot!    Slow

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
12-04-2017, 04:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 04:16 PM by Are We There Yet.)
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2017, 01:14 PM)OnFire34 Wrote:  ^ he's come out and said this is a development year basically, but agree he hasn't been consistent with his decisions in regard to that.  seems like he almost flip flops.

Well...here's how I see it. We have 8 guys 25 and under.

Baker-11mpg/6gp- Battled injuries. Hasn't shown improvement. Can't beat out JJ/Sessions. Frank ahead of him.
Billy-10.5mpg/14gp- Hasn't shown improvement. Can't beat out KOQ. Kanter ahead of him.
Dotson-7.8mpg/13gp- Showed flashes. Earned a start playing garbage time. Timmy ahead of him. 

The other 5 guys 25 and under have played in 19 or more games and are 5 of the top 7 mpg played on the team. 

Unless people think he's supposed to just play all 8 players exclusively...what more is he supposed to do? I say not playing Frank more is the only real "sin" here. He's playing the guys who earn minutes. That's a bad thing? Jack and Lee are the only vets getting major minutes. They have earned those minutes. I'm ok with his decision to not just play guys just because they are young. He's not just trying to win games. He's trying to teach effort/accountability. So far...I can't really complain with his methods. Just play Frank more and I'm fine with everything. 
12-04-2017, 04:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 04:31 PM by OnFire34.)
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2017, 04:10 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  
(12-04-2017, 01:14 PM)OnFire34 Wrote:  ^ he's come out and said this is a development year basically, but agree he hasn't been consistent with his decisions in regard to that.  seems like he almost flip flops.

Well...here's how I see it. We have 8 guys 25 and under.

Baker-11mpg/6gp- Battled injuries. Hasn't shown improvement. Can't beat out JJ/Sessions. Frank ahead of him.
Billy-10.5mpg/14gp- Hasn't shown improvement. Can't beat out KOQ. Kanter ahead of him.
Dotson-7.8mpg/13gp- Showed flashes. Earned a start playing garbage time. Timmy ahead of him. 

The other 5 guys 25 and under have played in 19 or more games and are 5 of the top 7 mpg played on the team. 

Unless people think he's supposed to just play all 8 players exclusively...what more is he supposed to do? I say not playing Frank more is the only real "sin" here. He's playing the guys who earn minutes. That's a bad thing? Jack and Lee are the only vets getting major minutes. They have earned those minutes. I'm ok with his decision to not just play guys just because they are young. He's not just trying to win games. He's trying to teach effort/accountability. So far...I can't really complain with his methods. Just play Frank more and I'm fine with everything. 

Fair points, mainly why i say it seems like he’s flip flopping between initiatives.  Willy i still think has gotten the shaft, but i’m not up in arms of him not getting minutes.  He has no confidence right now.  I’ll admit this mostly has to do with frank.  Think he needs to be playing more consistently and i definitely fear burnout for jack.  Sessions… has obviously been a disappointment.  

Jeff has done a respectable job so far actually being able to coach the team the way he wants.  Just seems like this is gonna be a total seesaw season, which can get frustrating.  I’m not putting that all on him by any means, though. 
New York Knicks: pummeling fans’ hopes and dreams since 2001 
12-04-2017, 06:39 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2017, 04:31 PM)OnFire34 Wrote:  
(12-04-2017, 04:10 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Well...here's how I see it. We have 8 guys 25 and under.

Fair points, mainly why i say it seems like he’s flip flopping between initiatives.  Willy i still think has gotten the shaft, but i’m not up in arms of him not getting minutes.  He has no confidence right now.  I’ll admit this mostly has to do with frank.  Think he needs to be playing more consistently and i definitely fear burnout for jack.  Sessions… has obviously been a disappointment.  

Jeff has done a respectable job so far actually being able to coach the team the way he wants.  Just seems like this is gonna be a total seesaw season, which can get frustrating.  I’m not putting that all on him by any means, though. 

Yeah...I think we agree. I want more Frank at this point. I understand the easing him in approach. I just think he needs to start upping his minutes now. He doesn't have to start him just yet. Get his minutes up and let him struggle on the job a little more. See if he can work his way through things. 

It seems like Jeff has a clue what he's doing. I'm ok for now.
12-04-2017, 06:48 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2017, 06:39 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  
(12-04-2017, 04:31 PM)OnFire34 Wrote:  Fair points, mainly why i say it seems like he’s flip flopping between initiatives.  Willy i still think has gotten the shaft, but i’m not up in arms of him not getting minutes.  He has no confidence right now.  I’ll admit this mostly has to do with frank.  Think he needs to be playing more consistently and i definitely fear burnout for jack.  Sessions… has obviously been a disappointment.  

Yeah...I think we agree. I want more Frank at this point. I understand the easing him in approach. I just think he needs to start upping his minutes now. He doesn't have to start him just yet. Get his minutes up and let him struggle on the job a little more. See if he can work his way through things. 

No Sessions.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
12-04-2017, 07:13 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I think Hornacek is still pissed at Wily for the KP playing like a pussy bullshit.  Coaches sometimes are little cunts like that.  

Oh and how's that Paul George trade looking now. does Oladipo still suck? 
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

12-04-2017, 08:21 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-04-2017, 06:48 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(12-04-2017, 06:39 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Yeah...I think we agree. I want more Frank at this point. I understand the easing him in approach. I just think he needs to start upping his minutes now. He doesn't have to start him just yet. Get his minutes up and let him struggle on the job a little more. See if he can work his way through things. 

No Sessions.

Dude has barely played since the 3rd game. I agree though.
12-04-2017, 09:47 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Ugly!

12-04-2017, 10:21 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Embarrassing!     Frank stinks! PG my ass!   Yush  

12-04-2017, 11:33 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Looks like all the knick fans are in hiding!      Yarr

12-05-2017, 10:55 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
KP needs to sit for as long as he's not 100%. Sane goes for Tim.

Losing won't be bad as long as we retain the young core.

We'll get a high draft pick and we'll develop Frank and Dotson.

My only concern is the moves we make in the offseason with a losing record.

Often that means removing every one not considered part of the future and hitting the reset button.

We're at least 3 years from knowing whether the young guys have or not.

Time for everyone here to be patient and stop talking trash about Frank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-05-2017, 11:18 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-05-2017, 10:55 AM)damntoni Wrote:  KP needs to sit for as long as he's not 100%. Sane goes for Tim.

Often that means removing every one not considered part of the future and hitting the reset button.

You are the laziest troll ever. 
12-05-2017, 11:22 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-05-2017, 11:18 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  
(12-05-2017, 10:55 AM)damntoni Wrote:  KP needs to sit for as long as he's not 100%. Sane goes for Tim.

What?

All I'm saying is even though Frank looks like a bust right now, we have to be patient.

12-05-2017, 01:38 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(12-05-2017, 11:18 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  

??  That was his best non-troll post ever, and he's 100% right.  Guys like O'Quinn and Lee have to be moved ASAP.