Frank highlights France vs Turkey FIBA
09-13-2019, 12:58 PM,
RE: Frank highlights France vs Turkey FIBA
 x 0  x 0 
(09-13-2019, 11:24 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  
(09-13-2019, 10:48 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Chauncey Billups agrees

Exactly! He was on 4 teams in 5 years!! What a bum!

I just think the things that are holding Frank back are fixable.  At worst, he'll be a 3 and D type of player.  As a point guard, he is too structured and plays more of a European game.  You could say he passes too much and if he misses his first few shots he's tentative.  He doesn't drive in and slam it, even though we all know he can.  That's a hell of a lot better then not capable but willing.

Leave the kid alone and lets give him another year
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

09-13-2019, 01:53 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(09-13-2019, 12:58 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(09-13-2019, 11:24 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Exactly! He was on 4 teams in 5 years!! What a bum!

I just think the things that are holding Frank back are fixable.  At worst, he'll be a 3 and D type of player.  As a point guard, he is too structured and plays more of a European game.  You could say he passes too much and if he misses his first few shots he's tentative.  He doesn't drive in and slam it, even though we all know he can.  That's a hell of a lot better then not capable but willing.

Exactly. Too many people on down on Frank. Like I said. He’s only 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-13-2019, 02:42 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(09-13-2019, 12:58 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(09-13-2019, 11:24 AM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Exactly! He was on 4 teams in 5 years!! What a bum!

XD You haven't been paying attention to this thread...or any other thread involving Frank. I love the kid. I hope he finds the confidence he lacks. He has the tools. Just needs to put it together. 

Some think he's a bust. 
09-14-2019, 08:38 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(09-13-2019, 02:42 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  
(09-13-2019, 12:58 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  I just think the things that are holding Frank back are fixable.  At worst, he'll be a 3 and D type of player.  As a point guard, he is too structured and plays more of a European game.  You could say he passes too much and if he misses his first few shots he's tentative.  He doesn't drive in and slam it, even though we all know he can.  That's a hell of a lot better then not capable but willing.

XD You haven't been paying attention to this thread...or any other thread involving Frank. I love the kid. I hope he finds the confidence he lacks. He has the tools. Just needs to put it together. 

Some think he's a bust. 

Although he was ranked 79th( btw last) in player efficiency for qualified PGs, I think there’s room for improvement.

We shouldn’t let his plodding first step or timid character dissuade us from supporting our 8th pick. After all we cheered Michael Sweetney until he ate himself out of the league.

Now Frank, he has a more promising career. First thing he has to do keeping improving his 3pt shooting because his ball handling isn’t going to improve overnight.

He also has to focus on improving his defense, it fell off compared to his rookie year.

The only thing that bothers me about Frank and any player in contract year is they work hard to get the new contract and then go back to being pretenders.

I’m not sure where Frank falls in all this but I’m supporting him 99.999%

09-15-2019, 05:26 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
Frank finished poorly. 1-7 shooting with minimal stat line. His defense was still good and he was semi aggressive.

Overall his numbers were weak as well. Things I noticed in the 3 plus games and highlights I've seen...better handles. More aggressive on offense. Looks bigger/stronger. Defense was good. Shot was inconsistent.

Camp starts this week. Getting closer to seeing what this whole team is all about. Several players need to show improvement. Fiz needs to prove he can coach. Vets need to show they are down for the rebuild. Rookies need to show they were worth being drafted. It's going to be a long year. I hope it's not a frustrating year as well.

If we can get just a few of these young kids to become good to great players...we're doing fine. As long as the FO doesn't do dumb shit and the coach isn't a bum.
09-16-2019, 04:04 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
The training camp point guard battle should be interesting.  Any one of three could start, Payton, Frank or Dennis?
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

09-16-2019, 07:47 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
Frank numbers

8.9pts 2.4reb 2.6ast 19.6mpg 57.7% from 2 and 36.4% from 3.

He also defended well. Looked more confident with the ball. Hope he carries that momentum into camp. A true 2 way player is a must have and he's halfway there. Players can report on the 30th...camp starts on the 1st. Summer almost over.
09-17-2019, 03:05 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(09-16-2019, 07:47 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Frank numbers

8.9pts 2.4reb 2.6ast 19.6mpg 57.7% from 2 and 36.4% from 3.

He also defended well. Looked more confident with the ball. Hope he carries that momentum into camp. A true 2 way player is a must have and he's halfway there. Players can report on the 30th...camp starts on the 1st. Summer almost over.

If RJ plays as well as he did the last few summer games it would help Frank so he doesn’t have to be the floor general.

RJ will probably get more assists as a point forward. Frank could focus on 3pt shooting and defense.

09-17-2019, 03:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 03:12 PM by damntoni.)
 x 0  x 0 
(09-16-2019, 04:04 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  The training camp point guard battle should be interesting.  Any one of three could start, Payton, Frank or Dennis?

Do you have any predictions?

I think DSJ will get the start, but will lose it if he fails to get more assists.

Our PG play will determine if we make the playoffs. Brooklyn would’ve never made the playoffs if DeAngelo wasn’t on that team.

By the way, Knicks should pick up his 4 th year option. It’s only 6 mil.

09-17-2019, 03:30 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
(09-17-2019, 03:10 PM)damntoni Wrote:  
(09-16-2019, 04:04 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  The training camp point guard battle should be interesting.  Any one of three could start, Payton, Frank or Dennis?

Do you have any predictions?

I think DSJ will get the start, but will lose it if he fails to get more assists.

Our PG play will determine if we make the  playoffs.  Brooklyn would’ve never made the playoffs if DeAngelo wasn’t on that team.

I think all three are very close, but for different reasons.  I would agree that Dennis is going to start, but I think that's because coach likes him best and wants him to be the guy.  If it were me, I might just start Frank.  So many scoring point guards and having him and RJ in the back court gives you that defensive wing span and help because RJ can also handle the ball.

09-17-2019, 06:55 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(09-17-2019, 03:30 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(09-17-2019, 03:10 PM)damntoni Wrote:  Do you have any predictions?

Our PG play will determine if we make the  playoffs.  Brooklyn would’ve never made the playoffs if DeAngelo wasn’t on that team.

I think all three are very close, but for different reasons.  I would agree that Dennis is going to start, but I think that's because coach likes him best and wants him to be the guy.  If it were me, I might just start Frank.  So many scoring point guards and having him and RJ in the back court gives you that defensive wing span and help because RJ can also handle the ball.

Yep. I would start Frank. With DSJ or RJ. Don't care which. I also want to see Frank/Dot/Mitch together a lot.