February 23 is getting close
 x 1 x 0
Less than four weeks to go till the Yankees first Grapefruit League game vs. The Tigers, and the spring training buzz will begin well before that.

Where will Judge and Stanton bat? What about the new, slimmed-down Gary Sanchez? Can Greg Bird stay healthy and finally deliver on his promise? Will the Yankees actually open the season with two rookie infielders in the starting lineup? Will we see a true Cy Young season by Luis Severino? Will we see the pre or post All Star Game Tanaka? Was Aaron Hicks for real last year, and what will all that added muscle do for him (he's looking like a Barry Bonds clone). And how will rookie manager Aaron Boone's story play out?

Baseball will soon be in the air again, and I am starting to get stoked. Roll out the 2018 Yankees, guys. They are going to be fun to watch.
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
(01-29-2018, 01:19 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  Less than four weeks to go till the Yankees first Grapefruit League game vs. The Tigers, and the spring training buzz will begin well before that.

Where will Judge and Stanton bat? What about the new, slimmed-down Gary Sanchez? Can Greg Bird stay healthy and finally deliver on his promise? Will the Yankees actually open the season with two rookie infielders in the starting lineup? Will we see a true Cy Young season by Luis Severino? Will we see the pre or post All Star Game Tanaka? Was Aaron Hicks for real last year, and what will all that added muscle do for him (he's looking like a Barry Bonds clone). And how will rookie manager Aaron Boone's story play out?

Baseball will soon be in the air again, and I am starting to get stoked. Roll out the 2018 Yankees, guys. They are going to be fun to watch.

14 days to pitchers and catchers?
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
Eleven days till the Grapefruit League opener. I can smell baseball in the air.
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
Pitchers and Catchers tomorrow!    =)
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
(02-12-2018, 09:09 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  Pitchers and Catchers tomorrow!    =)

Yankees rule, Knicks drool. Oh, well, at least we've got one team worth watching.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
C'mon, guys, wake up. Fuck the Knicks. Just five days until the Yankees first Grapefruit League game.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
Grapefruit League games start today!

Yankees starting lineup:

1) Ellsbury DH
2) Stanton RF
3) Bird 1B
4) Hicks CF
5) Gregorius SS
6) Torres 2B
7) Romine C
8) Andujar 3B
9) Frazier LF
SP) Luis  Cessa

No Judge, no Sanchez, no Gardy, no Drury. But even with four guys sitting who figure to open the regular season, it's a nice-looking lineup.

Barring injuries or unexpected breakouts by other players, the opening day could look something like this:

1) Garder LF
2) Judge RF
3) Bird 1B
4) Stanton DH
5) Sanchez C
6) Gregorius SS
7) Hicks CF
8) Drury 3B
9) Torres 2B
SP) Luis Severino

The exact batting order will probably be a bit different, but the pieces look great.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
I'm ready and the Tivo is on!     In-love
Game 7

Boone: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Boone: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
Aaron Boone caught twice picking his nose. He’s gotta work on that.
Da'Ron
 x 0 x 0
Today's Yankees lineup at the Pirates, with most of the vets staying behind in Tampa: Wade 2B Drury 3B Austin 1B Frazier LF Espinosa DH Torreyes SS Florial CF Kratz C Robinson RF German SP

Throwaway spring training game. A couple of these guys I've never even heard of. Can't wait to see our full regular lineup for the first time.

-Yogi Berra