Fatcessa on Darnold
 x 0 x 0
Anyone notice Fatcessa pronounces his name wrong? It sounds like he’s saying Donald. Once I was listening... and took me several seconds to realize he meant Darnold.

I can’t believe no one has told him he’s pronouncing it wrong. He’s one of the biggest names in NY sports today!
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 2 x 0
You don't really correct the Pope.
 x 0 x 0
is it more like Dahhhhnullld? Which sounds like Donald with a bit of a new yorker accent on Darnold.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(03-14-2019, 07:20 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  is it more like Dahhhhnullld? Which sounds like Donald with a bit of a new yorker accent on Darnold.

That's more like a chowda head accent. He should be able to pronounce Rs in a ny accent
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
It’s just his accent
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 09:56 AM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  It’s just his accent

LOL, what accent?  Maybe it's because we're both from LI... but I don't hear an accent at all.  He doesn't struggle to say anyone else's name wrong... and I've been following him for 30 years.

He only has a thick accent, with the inability to pronounce an "R", with "Darnold"?
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 10:02 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 09:56 AM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  It’s just his accent

LOL, what accent?  Maybe it's because we're both from LI... but I don't hear an accent at all.  He doesn't struggle to say anyone else's name wrong... and I've been following him for 30 years.

He only has a thick accent, with the inability to pronounce an "R", with "Darnold"?

He messes up names.  Caldwell was Cardwell for years on his show.  Travis D'Arnaud is "Dah-No".  Not to mention the Al Albequerque incident, which was a little bit different.  
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 10:14 AM)Fire_Idzik Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 10:02 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  LOL, what accent?  Maybe it's because we're both from LI... but I don't hear an accent at all.  He doesn't struggle to say anyone else's name wrong... and I've been following him for 30 years.

He messes up names.  Caldwell was Cardwell for years on his show.  Travis D'Arnaud is "Dah-No".  Not to mention the Al Albequerque incident, which was a little bit different.  

I didn't mean he doesn't get any names wrong... I'm talking guys of significance.

Darnold might end up being the biggest name in NY sports (very soon)... learn to pronounce it.  I feel bad for him every time I hear it.  It is definitely not accent related.
 x 0 x 0
DELETE THIS THREAD! I thought this was going to be some kind of analysis thread
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 10:25 AM)hustler07 Wrote:  DELETE THIS THREAD! I thought this was going to be some kind of analysis thread

We're analyzing how he says "Darnold".
 x 0 x 0
you don't hear an accent with Fatcessa?!? What? You're kidding? It's a pretty thick one.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 02:48 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  you don't hear an accent with Fatcessa?!?  What?  You're kidding?  It's a pretty thick one.

Maybe it's because it's MY accent as well (not that I think I have one!)?  No, I don't hear one.

And please stop, guys, with he doesn't pronounce R's.  That's factually incorrect.  He's just screwing it up.  I bet the ones on this thread thinking it's accent related haven't even heard him say "Donald".
 x 0 x 0
And, btw, I really do think it's as simple as what FireIdzik said... "you don't correct the Pope."

Fatcessa is so crazy and argumentative, I bet everyone working for him NEVER corrects him.
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 02:52 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 02:48 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  you don't hear an accent with Fatcessa?!?  What?  You're kidding?  It's a pretty thick one.

Maybe it's because it's MY accent as well (not that I think I have one!)?  No, I don't hear one.

And please stop, guys, with he doesn't pronounce R's.  That's factually incorrect.  He's just screwing it up.  I bet the ones on this thread thinking it's accent related haven't even heard him say "Donald".

That says it all!
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 02:59 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 02:52 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  Maybe it's because it's MY accent as well (not that I think I have one!)?  No, I don't hear one.

That says it all!

Even though we have the same accent... I can pronounces R's.  And so does Fatcessa.  He always has.  Some of you are acting like he's from Boston.
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 02:52 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  

It's been a really long time, but don't remember you having an accent.

I just listened to a clip of him saying Darnold.  And it sounds exactly like my original post on this.  It sounds like Dahhhhnuld (not drawn out like that).  It doens't sound like Donald or Darnold, it's in between, Dahnuld.  It's partially accent and probably also partially saying it wrong.