Enes Kanter’s big moment comes with a Knicks dig
04-15-2019, 03:11 PM,
Enes Kanter’s big moment comes with a Knicks dig
 x 0  x 0 
If Enes Kanter wanted a revenge tour, this is one way to start.

The Trail Blazers big man opened the playoffs with 20 points and a career playoff-high 18 rebounds Sunday as No. 3 Portland topped No. 6 Oklahoma City, 104-99, in the first round of the playoffs.
The never-quiet Kanter first took it to the Thunder, who traded him to the Knicks in 2017 in the Carmelo Anthony trade, and then he redirected his focus toward those Knicks, who bought him out during a miserable season.
“I was on the worst team in the league, and I wasn’t even playing because they thought I was too old to play,” Kanter told reporters after Game 1. “… It was so frustrating because I just wanted to go out there and win.
“Couple days ago I looked in the mirror and said, ‘Man, I’m blessed to just be here with an amazing organization and amazing teammates.'”

Those teammates include Damian Lillard, who went off for 30 points for a team that was swept by New Orleans last season and the Warriors the year prior.

“We know how it feels to win again,” Lillard said. “Now we can just kind of move on from that and stay focused on this series.”
Kanter, in just his ninth start with Portland, became just the third player in team history with at least 20 points and 18 rebounds in playoff game
“He gave us a lot of toughness inside,” coach Terry Stotts said. “Obviously, his rebounding and scoring. I thought his conditioning was really good. He maintained a high level of play for a long period of time.”
Russell Westbrook had 24 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds for his ninth career postseason triple-double. Paul George, who was a game-time decision because of a sore shoulder, added 26 points and 10 rebounds despite a rough shooting night.
Game 7 of the Championship series Against the Lakers with Wilt! 

Red: You know my mama wanted me to be a Coach.

Willis: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
04-15-2019, 03:14 PM,
RE: Enes Kanter’s big moment comes with a Knicks dig
 x 0  x 0 
And we got shit for him, nice move from Perry and Mills!            Yush

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
04-15-2019, 04:02 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-15-2019, 03:14 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  And we got shit for him, nice move from Perry and Mills!            Yush

No one offered anything of value, what can we do?  He was an expiring player and we were not going to re-sign him.  Robinson exploded down the stretch so not sure why people are upset.  
04-15-2019, 05:33 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-15-2019, 04:02 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(04-15-2019, 03:14 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  And we got shit for him, nice move from Perry and Mills!            Yush

No one offered anything of value, what can we do?  He was an expiring player and we were not going to re-sign him.  Robinson exploded down the stretch so not sure why people are upset.  

Robinson had his moments but he never had Kanter's  numbers. Shot blocking is nice, but there has to be more to his game which hopefully will come. 

BTW- He also got tooled on defense!

04-15-2019, 06:00 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-15-2019, 05:33 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  
(04-15-2019, 04:02 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  No one offered anything of value, what can we do?  He was an expiring player and we were not going to re-sign him.  Robinson exploded down the stretch so not sure why people are upset.  

Robinson had his moments but he never had Kanter's  numbers. Shot blocking is nice, but there has to be more to his game which hopefully will come. 

So we should re-sign Kanter this offseason to a big deal?
04-15-2019, 07:16 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-15-2019, 06:00 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(04-15-2019, 05:33 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  Robinson had his moments but he never had Kanter's  numbers. Shot blocking is nice, but there has to be more to his game which hopefully will come. 

So we should re-sign Kanter this offseason to a big deal?

That won't happen. Going to be an interesting FA summer. 

04-16-2019, 03:13 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Kanter sucks.
04-16-2019, 07:09 AM,
 x 1  x 0 
Knicks were not winning when Kanter started the season. He was a BIG part of the problem as his D sucks!
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
04-16-2019, 01:12 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-16-2019, 07:09 AM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Knicks were not winning when Kanter started the season. He was a BIG part of the problem as his D sucks!

He wasn't part of the Knicks future plans, and the team was going nowhere with him. It was obvious they wanted to create cap space and weren't going to sign him, so it probably made more sense to give Robinson the minutes.

I liked Enes Kanter, but there was no way they were going to keep  him, so the conversation is kind of a waste of time.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
04-16-2019, 01:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 01:52 PM by bigjeep8.)
 x 0  x 0 
(04-16-2019, 01:12 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(04-16-2019, 07:09 AM)Limpbiz Wrote:  Knicks were not winning when Kanter started the season. He was a BIG part of the problem as his D sucks!

He wasn't part of the Knicks future plans, and the team was going nowhere with him. It was obvious they wanted to create cap space and weren't going to sign him, so it probably made more sense to give Robinson the minutes.

I liked Enes Kanter, but there was no way they were going to keep  him, so the conversation is kind of a waste of time.

Sitting Kanter was part of the tanking plan that probably cost the Knicks at least 10+ games during the season. We should have gotten something for him. But they couldn't wait to get rid of him because he was getting upset not playing. Can't blame him and like a lot of Knick castoffs, he is in a winning situation now.

04-16-2019, 02:46 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
The million dollar question is, what kind of contract does he get in the summer?  
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

04-16-2019, 04:31 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Kanter is a great fit in portland they have another guy they can count on, in the past lillard and mccollum were the only guys that showed up in the playoffs now they have bigs in nurkic and kanter...i think he gets a 5yr 50 or 60 mil....if guys like jon lauer and miles plumlee can get 40mil i'm sure kanter can get 60

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,Barkley,Engram or Shepard