Dolphins traded QB Ryan Tannehill to the Titans
03-15-2019, 03:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 03:51 PM by Shmendal.)
 x 0  x 0 
Full terms: The #Dolphins are receiving a 4th round pick in 2020 and the 2019 7th round pick, while the #Titans are getting a 6th in 2019 and Ryan Tannehill.

03-15-2019, 03:54 PM,
RE: Dolphins traded QB Ryan Tannehill to the Titans
 x 0  x 0 
no picks in this draft? oh.. haha it was listed after the 2020
Way To Go BossMan
03-15-2019, 03:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 04:57 PM by nategonzalez79.)
Dolphins traded QB Ryan Tannehill to the Titans.
 x 0  x 0 
FUCK YEAH ! we got a 4th n 7th for 2020 and gave up a 6th this year!

after the James comp pick that'll be a 3rd.

and wake a 5th comp pick

1st round pick
2nd round pick
2 3rd round picks
2 4th round picks
2 5th round picks

hell of a way to load up guys!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
03-15-2019, 03:55 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Thank you Grier!!
I was sitting here saying how can we not get a draft pick for a starting caliber QB in a QB starved league. If nothing else this gives me confidence in this FO being able to function, which is more than our FOs in the past.
"Everybody has a price"
03-15-2019, 03:56 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Stay the course. Tank it out. hopefully get the number one pick and get TUA..

then you have 100 mill in cap space and 5 picks in the top 120 to surround him with talent

03-15-2019, 03:57 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
There isn't a QB available (outside of another trade) who is better than Tannehill, so they have to be going after one in the draft...
03-15-2019, 03:57 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 03:54 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  FUCK YEAH ! we got a 4th n 7th for 2020 and gave up a 6th this year!

1st round pick
2nd round pick
2 3rd round picks
2 4th round picks

I believe if the Cardinals end up Not taking Murray and keep their pick we will be trading to the #2 spot with the Niners to grab him.
"Everybody has a price"
03-15-2019, 03:58 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 03:57 PM)Forest Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 03:54 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  FUCK YEAH ! we got a 4th n 7th for 2020 and gave up a 6th this year!

1st round pick
2nd round pick
2 3rd round picks
2 4th round picks

I believe if the Cardinals end up Not taking Murray and keep their pick we will be trading to the #2 spot with the Niners to grab him.
I prefer Tua slightly...

but I won't bitch one bit if we go up for Murray...

03-15-2019, 03:59 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 03:57 PM)Shmendal Wrote:  There isn't a QB available (outside of another trade) who is better than Tannehill, so they have to be going after one in the draft...

I have a feeling they are looking to nab Tyree Jackson (Not at #13)
"Everybody has a price"
03-15-2019, 04:09 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
"Do or do not, there is no try."- Yoda
"Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!"- John Wayne - True Grit
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy"- Clint Eastwood - Outlaw Josey Wales
03-15-2019, 04:11 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
Honestly, with Tannehill now traded and nobody out there to pick up to match him, I would rather Miami trade a third or fourth rounder to Arizona, assuming they take Murray #1 overall, and let Rosen show his worth for a year in Miami with everything to prove and just about all of his career on the line.

Low risk, high reward, if he performs, then Miami looks to have a good, young, cheap QB on their hands. Cheap even as a backup, because if he sucks, they still have their first rounder to take a QB next year and the worse he sucks, the better they'll be for the draft next year.
03-15-2019, 04:17 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 04:11 PM)Shmendal Wrote:  Honestly, with Tannehill now traded and nobody out there to pick up to match him, I would rather Miami trade a third or fourth rounder to Arizona, assuming they take Murray #1 overall, and let Rosen show his worth for a year in Miami with everything to prove and just about all of his career on the line.

Low risk, high reward, if he performs, then Miami looks to have a good, young, cheap QB on their hands. Cheap even as a backup, because if he sucks, they still have their first rounder to take a QB next year and the worse he sucks, the better they'll be for the draft next year.

I am with this.
Wouldn't give up a 2nd for him though and that maybe what it takes, as someone like NE, NYG could be going after him.
"Everybody has a price"
03-15-2019, 04:19 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 04:11 PM)Shmendal Wrote:  Honestly, with Tannehill now traded and nobody out there to pick up to match him, I would rather Miami trade a third or fourth rounder to Arizona, assuming they take Murray #1 overall, and let Rosen show his worth for a year in Miami with everything to prove and just about all of his career on the line.

no idea if true but I heard Washington was offering their 2nd round pick and the cards are saying they want a first

x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 04:17 PM)Forest Wrote:  

I am with this.
Wouldn't give up a 2nd for him though and that maybe what it takes, as someone like NE, NYG could be going after him.

Yeah, same, third or worse...

And to finish my original thought, I would rather they trade a late day two/early day three pick for Rosen than give up the farm to move up for Murray...
 x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 03:56 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  Stay the course. Tank it out. hopefully get the number one pick and get TUA..

then you have 100 mill in cap space and 5 picks in the top 120 to surround him with talent

This is the best result.

End up with the#1 pick. and have all that. Not having to trade up to get the guy. I like it
03-15-2019, 04:20 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 04:19 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  no idea if true but I heard Washington was offering their 2nd round pick and the cards are saying they want a first
Welp, that would ruin my hopes in this regard...
03-15-2019, 04:21 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(03-15-2019, 04:19 PM)staff23 Wrote:  
(03-15-2019, 03:56 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  Stay the course. Tank it out. hopefully get the number one pick and get TUA..

This is the best result.

End up with the#1 pick. and have all that. Not having to trade up to get the guy. I like it
yup this year get 2 dlineman in the first 4 rounds and 2 olinemam in the first 4 rounds.

next year with that money we can sign a olineman guard center or RT whatever we need.

we can sign a stud WR,

sign a #2 CB

then draft BPA with all those picks

03-15-2019, 04:24 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Tannehill immediately becomes the Titans second best receiver
03-15-2019, 04:56 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Chris Grier is a fucking genius! We just got a 4th round pick for a guy everyone thought we would have to cut.

Plus the 3rd for James and the 4th ot 5th for Wake....damn we are set up for next year!!!
Livin' the Dream Baby!!!
03-15-2019, 05:10 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Dolphins reportedly will pay $5 million to Ryan Tannehill

As it turns out, it’s the Brock Osweiler Trade Light.

The curious ability of the Dolphins to unload quarterback Ryan Tannehill and a 2019 sixth-round pick onto the Titans for a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2019 seventh-round pick was fueled by Miami’s decision to give Tannehill a $5 million parting gift.

The Dolphins will pay that much of Tannehill’s guaranteed $7 million salary for 2019, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

So, basically, the Dolphins have purchased for $5 million and a sixth-round pick this year a fourth-round pick next year and a seventh-round pick this year. That’s the only reason to trade Tannehill instead of cutting him, given that Tannehill’s contract had no guaranteed money due in 2019.

Indeed, the Dolphins simply could have cut Tannehill, owing him nothing and accepting nothing in exchange for him. Instead, they get value in the form of net draft-pick gain — but they’re paying $5 million for it.

From Tannehill’s perspective, there was no reason to accept the trade, given that the Dolphins eventually would have released him. With no trigger in his contract forcing Miami to either make a lump-sum payment or guarantee a chunk of his base salary, however, the Dolphins could have squatted on Tannehill, waiting for perhaps an injury or the inability of a team to get a quarterback they may be targeting in the draft. His base salary would have remained not guaranteed until Week One of the regular season.

Of course, the Dolphins would have had to allow Tannehill to participate in the offseason program opening next month, assuming the risk of a fluke season-ending injury that would have put the team on the hook for the full $18.75 million he was previously due to earn.

So it was a win-win-win for a team that needed a backup quarterback, a team that wanted to shed its starting quarterback, and a quarterback whose options likely would have dried up if he’d refused to go along with the trade and the reduced salary.

The move will conjure memories of the deal that sent then-Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler and a second-round pick to the Browns. By assuming Osweiler’s guaranteed salary, the Browns bought a second-round pick for $16 million. Here, the Dolphins bought a four and a seven for $5 million and a six — and the Titans got insurance against Marcus Mariota injury or ineffectiveness plus a sixth-round pick for $2 million, a seventh-round pick, and a future fourth-round pick.