Dolphins (LIVE) Practice Report #13 (Sunday morning)
08-13-2017, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 12:03 PM by kingdolfan3.)
 x 0  x 0 
Phillips has to see the handwriting on the wall right Etrius? ooops!

Miami Dolphins (LIVE) Practice Report #13 (Sunday morning)

Joe Schad
August 13, 2017
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/08/13/miami-dolphins-live-practice-report-11-sunday-morning/

[Image: 20170727-ale-dolphins-camp-032.jpg?w=640&h=421]
Miami Dolphins head coach Adam Gase talks with Miami Dolphins wide receiver Jarvis Landry at a training camp practice in Davie. (Allen Eyestone / The Palm Beach Post)

Here are some observations from Sunday morning’s Miami Dolphins practice:
• Offensive tackle Ja’Wuan James (shoulder), linebacker Neville Hewitt (shoulder), defensive back Walt Aikens (back) and wide receivers Leonte Carroo (hamstring) and Jordan Westerkamp (hamstring) all began practice on the side with trainers.

Wide receiver Francis Owusu (knee) and safety Nate Allen were sidelined.

• Running back Jay Ajayi (concussion) began practice in full pads and helmet.

Ajayi is still in the concussion protocol.

However Ajayi was running routes and caught a long pass from Jay Cutler.

Ajayi also participated in 11-on-11.

• Center Mike Pouncey (hip) was not working with the offensive linemen in drills.

• Davon Godchaux is still running first team at defensive tackle, ahead of Jordan Phillips.

• Jay Cutler took first-team snaps ahead of Matt Moore.

• Jay Cutler 2-for-3 on red zone attempts to Jarvis Landry.

It’s clear Cutler is trying to develop timing with Landry.

• Near the end of practice, Jay Ajayi walked off the field with a trainer.

It’s possible Ajayi had just put in his work for the day.

• Guard Isaac Asiata received from first-team reps at guard.

• Davon Godchaux continues to impress with a tackle for loss late in practice.

And his rookie classmate Vincent Taylor continues to show improvement.

• Drew Morgan dropped a short pass.
"Do or do not, there is no try."- Yoda
"Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!"- John Wayne - True Grit
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy"- Clint Eastwood - Outlaw Josey Wales
08-13-2017, 12:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 12:11 PM by kingdolfan3.)
RE: Dolphins (LIVE) Practice Report #13 (Sunday morning)
 x 0  x 0 
What Miami Dolphins’ Adam Gase said after Sunday’s practice
Hal Habib
August 13, 2017
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/08/13/what-miami-dolphins-adam-gase-said-after-sundays-practice/

[Image: gase.jpg?w=640&h=413]
Adam Gase. (Allen Eyestone/The Post)

Highlights of coach Adam Gase’s huddle with the media after Sunday morning’s practice:
  • Jay Ajayi is OK.
    Left practice early for hydration. Says it’s more of a “conditioning” thing for him now. Ajayi is technically still in the concussion protocol because he still has to be cleared by a neurologist.
  • “We’re so ‘one day at a time’ ” with Jay Cutler.
    “It just takes time when you haven’t done it in awhile. Every day he’s getting better.” Says Cutler made “challenging” throws today. (Two INTs on Saturday, but QBs were clean Sunday.)
  • On the WR depth:
    “Guys are improving. It’s been competitive every day. Those younger guys are starting to feel more comfortable. We want it (making cuts) to be hard.”
  • Says “nothing but positive signs we’re going in the right direction” with Mike Pouncey.
  • On OT Eric Smith:
    “He did a really good job in the game. The defensive ends he’s going against, I know they’re backup defensive linemen, but they’re pretty good. … Anytime you find a guy who can contribute at that position, that’s valuable for us.”
  • WR Leonte Carroo rested today with hamstring strain.
08-13-2017, 01:04 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Young Miami Dolphins defenders quickly earning Ndamukong Suh’s respect

Hal Habib

August 13, 2017
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/08/13/young-miami-dolphins-defenders-quickly-earning-ndamukong-suhs-respect/

[Image: 20170810-ale-dolphins-ae-028.jpg?w=640&h=427]
Dolphins defensive tackle Davon Godchaux (56) fights off blockers during pre-season game at Hard Rock Stadium. (Allen Eyestone / The Palm Beach Post)

DAVIE — Raekwon McMillan is out but the season still is on.

So when Ndamukong Suh looks around the meeting room, he looks for players who can help the Dolphins’ defense be far better than it was last year.

And a few young players are earning his respect.

Start with defensive tackle Davon Godchaux, the fifth-round pick out of LSU who has had a strong camp.

“We’ve been in constant communication,” Suh said. “He’s just a willing learner, which is what I love most about him.” Suh said whenever Godchaux is taught something, “He just soaks it up.”

Godchaux appears to have zipped past third-year enigma Jordan Phillips, who has worked with Suh the past two offseasons.

“He’s a kid who’s very aggressive, gets off the ball,” Suh said of Godchaux. “He’s what our defense is primarily is built around, getting off the ball, being attack-style. I think he started to do a good job of that.”

First-round pick Charles Harris, a defensive end, also has been a focal point of camp, drawing positive reviews for his burst off the ball.

“The special thing about this league is being able to finish,” Suh said. “You see the great pass rushers, those guys have that instantaneous step to get to the quarterback and get him back. It’s not about getting close to him and getting him out of the pocket. It’s about getting him down and I think Charles has that. I think over time it’ll become easier and faster.”

Godchaux and Harris are rookies.

Linebacker Mike Hull isn’t.

He’s entering his third season but potentially his first in a starting role with McMillan having injured his knee.

And Suh is bullish on Hull.

“Mike Hull is a great talent, obviously somebody who’s underrated but in my opinion plays a very, very high level, knows what he needs to get done, is going to play a hundred miles an hour, if not more,” Suh said. “Somebody that I respect and I expect a lot out of him coming into this year, especially after what he did last year.”
08-13-2017, 01:28 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
KD

What

About

Gator?
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
08-13-2017, 01:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 01:54 PM by nategonzalez79.)
 x 1  x 0 
damn godcocks is making your boy phillips look like a piece of dog shit E

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
08-13-2017, 01:51 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
How many did midget drop?
Alone in a crowded room.
08-13-2017, 02:24 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Nate

This is a no lose situation

If someone steps up and plays out of their minds is it a good thing
08-13-2017, 02:32 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Dolphins rookie defensive linemen impressing

BY BARRY JACKSON  bjackson@miamiherald.com
AUGUST 13, 2017 12:17 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article166982067.html

Young defensive linemen who can stop the run or rush the passer effectively – or both - are a valuable commodity, and the Dolphins appear to have found at least two and potentially others.

Skilled pass rusher Charles Harris, the Dolphins’ first-round pick, is expected to play about 25 to 30 snaps a game, and the Dolphins have been pleased with his progress. 

Harris has been a diligent worker, meeting about a half dozen times with Dolphins great Jason Taylor for on-field instruction before training camp began.

“You see the great pass rushers, those guys have that instantaneous step to get to the quarterback and get him back,” Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh said. “It’s not about getting close to him and getting him out of the pocket. It’s about getting him down and I think Charles has that. I think over time it’ll become easier and faster.”

But several later-round defensive linemen and undrafted free agents have also made an impression during camp.

Rookie fifth-round pick Davon Godchaux played ahead of Jordan Phillips as the first-team defensive tackle, opposite Ndamukong Suh, for the eighth consecutive day on Sunday and continues to impress everyone.

“He’s explosive, good with his hands and really sudden off the ball,” said Dolphins guard/center Jake Brendel, who has tried to block him in practice.

Defensive line coach Terrell Williams said Godchaux is “doing what you want a defensive tackle to do. He’s strong, physical.”

Suh said Sunday that Godchaux is “a willing learner, which is what I love most about him. He just soaks it up. He’s a kid who’s very aggressive, gets off the ball. He’s what our defense primarily is built around, getting off the ball, being attack-style. I think he started to do a good job of that.”

Harris and Godchaux project to be part of the rotation, but other rookie defensive linemen have turned heads, too:
• Vincent Taylor, the sixth-round defensive tackle, had three tackles in the preseason opener and has made several eye-opening plays during practice, to hold running plays to minimal gains.

“He’s a really strong guy,” Brendel said. “If you’re not balanced against him, you are going to” have trouble.

• Defensive end Cameron Malveaux, an undrafted rookie, had only 3 ½ sacks combined in four years at the University of Houston but had a sack in the preseason opener and has generated heat on the quarterback in practice.

• Undrafted Temple defensive end Praise Martin-Oguike has made some disruptive plays in practice and has the most interesting back story of the rookie defensive linemen.

In May 2012, he was dropped from the Temple football team and expelled from school after a female Temple student accused him of rape.

The woman told police that Martin-Oguike assaulted her in his dorm room. 

Martin-Oguike said the encounter was consensual.

Martin-Oguike proclaimed his innocence, but Temple disassociated itself from him after charges were filed. 

He told the Fox affiliate in Philadelphia that “being black, the odds were against me. There were times where people were negative, trying to give me different scenarios and how I could be sent to jail for a long time.”

But Martin-Oguike said his attorney James Funt discovered evidence that convinced the district attorney to drop the case before it went to trial, just days before jury selection.

“Thousands of text messages and chats revealed a consensual relationship between the complainant and Praise and reveal a motive for filing the charges,” Funt told the CBS affiliate in Philadelphia.

Those messages, Funt said, included text messages to friends that suggested she was not being truthful.

Funt said his client was victimized by the woman “simply because he would not agree to have a romantic long-term relationship with her.”

The district attorney’s office said only: “Upon further investigation it was determined there was not enough evidence to proceed to trial.”

For Oguike, the relief was profound.

“It was a blessing, not knowing what’s going on and finally hearing the news,” he said. 

“That’s just not the type of person I am. And just knowing that—it just hurt so bad. It was very stressful. Luckily, I have a strong support system that helped me get through it. I thank God I got through it and came out sane.”

Temple moved quickly to reinstate him- “I spoke to one of the Temple coaches the next day and they said they would like to have me back.” 

Though he ended up missing two seasons, he thrived over his final three seasons, producing 17 sacks, 10 forced fumbles and six blocked kicks.

Haason Reddick, his friend and former Temple teammate, was drafted 13th overall by Arizona this past April after producing 65 tackles and 9.5 sacks as a senior. 

Martin-Oguike, conversely, went undrafted after generating 54 tackles and 7.5 sacks.

Did Martin-Oguike feel overlooked?

“You always want to be recognized,” he said. “But I still have my opportunity here. I'm blessed to be here. I was expected to be drafted. I have no idea why I wasn’t. I know I'm an NFL player. It's a prove it league. I'm here to prove it.”

A Nigerian born son of a New Jersey minister, Martin-Oguike – along with Malveaux - have emerged as prime practice squad candidates.

And Adam Gase likes how all of his rookie defensive linemen have developed, with Harris and Godchaux leading the group.

“It’s tough to go against them in practice,” he said. “It’s made the whole team better. They can disrupt practice very easily. When you see the effort you are seeing, it’s been impressive.”
08-13-2017, 03:07 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-13-2017, 01:28 PM)Etrius24 Wrote:  KD

What

About

Gator?

The real question is what about Phillips who you claimed to be the next best thing? He's playing worse than the guy you continuously troll KD about!

At least Grant contributed in the first preseason game where as Phillips has again shown why he's borderline bust right now...
08-13-2017, 03:08 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-13-2017, 01:51 PM)Florida_cane Wrote:  How many did midget drop?

How'd he look in the first preseason game?
08-13-2017, 03:12 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
GOD COCKS!!!
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
08-13-2017, 03:13 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
LOL
08-13-2017, 03:37 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Whens the next game
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
08-13-2017, 03:40 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-13-2017, 03:37 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  Whens the next game

Thursday night against the Ravens at 7pm eastern.
08-13-2017, 03:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 03:44 PM by PITTDolfan13.)
 x 0  x 0 
(08-13-2017, 03:40 PM)PITTDolfan13 Wrote:  
(08-13-2017, 03:37 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  Whens the next game

Thursday night against the Ravens at 7pm eastern.

It will be re shown on Friday at 10am eastern on NFL network.

Or 930am eastern on Saturday for those who work.
08-13-2017, 03:50 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-13-2017, 03:08 PM)PITTDolfan13 Wrote:  
(08-13-2017, 01:51 PM)Florida_cane Wrote:  How many did midget drop?

How'd he look in the first preseason game?

Decent against ps players
Alone in a crowded room.
08-13-2017, 04:03 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-13-2017, 03:50 PM)Florida_cane Wrote:  
(08-13-2017, 03:08 PM)PITTDolfan13 Wrote:  How'd he look in the first preseason game?

Decent against ps players

You're correct. His decent route running and hands were because of ps players...

Lol
08-13-2017, 04:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 04:30 PM by Florida_cane.)
 x 0  x 0 
Midget is a Kr only way he makes it.
Being as old as I am I remember a guy called Super Nat great KR guy about the same size even then he got one terrible hit and was done. That's what I see in this guy, one good hit and he's done. But hey maybe he ends up being the MVP, catches 100, get 1500 yards, 15 td's, it might happen, but mites grow on chicken ass's.
Alone in a crowded room.
08-13-2017, 04:37 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(08-13-2017, 04:28 PM)Florida_cane Wrote:  Midget is a Kr only way he makes it.
Being as old as I am I remember a guy called Super Nat great KR guy about the same size even then he got one terrible hit and was done. That's what I see in this guy, one good hit and he's done. But hey maybe he ends up being the MVP, catches 100, get 1500 yards, 15 td's, it might happen, but mites grow on chicken ass's.

You may very well be right. Time will tell because Grant is going to make the roster. That said there have been some players on the shorter side that have had more than average success in the NFL...Darren Sproles is just one example at 5'6...
08-13-2017, 04:47 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I have read everything they have printed on Phillips this spring and summer.. right now they are not saying Phillips sucks... They are saying Godchaux is playing better than they thought possible

I do not see this as a bad thing at all... Whoever wins the battle long term we will have quality depth...