Darnold NEEDED this win ...
 x 0 x 0
Darnold NEEDED this win ... and I'm happy for him.

I know we want the top draft picks .. but we might be LOSING our QB in these 2nd half of the season.  He needed something, some confidence builder, a Win.     This was a good win for him.   Not great stats .. but fairly efficient, no turnover, and no bone headed play.    

Maybe he can build on this for rest of the season.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
Goes without saying if we are going to win, Darnold needs to be the reason.
If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 0 x 0
Without taking anything away from Darnold, they faced a soft defense. The offensive line will continue to struggle against better defenses and Darnold will still have his challenges because of it. It was a good win for Darnold and the team.
"Are we even Laing? "
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 10:16 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  Without taking anything away from Darnold, they faced a soft defense. The offensive line will continue to struggle against better defenses and Darnold will still have his challenges because of it. It was a good win for Darnold and the team.

The Giants DL is their strength though. Leo, Dexter Lawrence, BJ Hill, Golden and Carter is a solid bunch.
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 10:16 PM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  Without taking anything away from Darnold, they faced a soft defense. The offensive line will continue to struggle against better defenses and Darnold will still have his challenges because of it. It was a good win for Darnold and the team.

Ginats are better than Phins  - although i get it they're bad team too.  But at least Darnold showed he can beat a bad defense.  

What it seems to me:
   #1.  Don't expect robby to give you anything.  So go to your other WRs 
   #2.  Something is wrong with Bell.  Maybe he is playing hurt.  Our running game needs to improve.  
   #3.  Gase is an idiot .. when running game is clearly not working, he sticks with it and we get stuffed and come away with no gain or 1 yard lol.    I think is saw we had 2nd and 6 i think - why not give Darnold two shots at making it.  Instead we run on 2nd and gain like 1 yard lol
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 10:43 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  

Ginats are better than Phins  - although i get it they're bad team too.  But at least Darnold showed he can beat a bad defense.  

What it seems to me:
   #2.  Something is wrong with Bell.  Maybe he is playing hurt.  Our running game needs to improve.  
   #3.  Gase is an idiot .. when running game is clearly not working, he sticks with it and we get stuffed and come away with no gain or 1 yard lol.    I think is saw we had 2nd and 6 i think - why not give Darnold two shots at making it.  Instead we run on 2nd and gain like 1 yard lol

A lot of it wasn't Darnolds fault, but it was a fairly blah game.  Given how shitty the Giants are, it was a fairly meh positive game.

Not taking anything away from him, but it still left some to be desired even within all the issues.

The quick passing game working so well for him makes sense to continue with him if you're trying to win given that we saw in the video that Sully posted all bad things happened as soon as his first read wasn't available.  I'd rather see him fix those issues than play around it.  But point is it makes sense that he did so much better in that type of offense.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 10:39 PM)ZenMaster Wrote:  

The Giants DL is their strength though. Leo, Dexter Lawrence, BJ Hill, Golden and Carter is a solid bunch.

It's their strength run-D-wise, not pass rushing really.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 10:49 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(11-10-2019, 10:43 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  Ginats are better than Phins  - although i get it they're bad team too.  But at least Darnold showed he can beat a bad defense.  

What it seems to me:

A lot of it wasn't Darnolds fault, but it was a fairly blah game.  Given how shitty the Giants are, it was a fairly meh positive game.

Not taking anything away from him, but it still left some to be desired even within all the issues.

The quick passing game working so well for him makes sense to continue with him if you're trying to win given that we saw in the video that Sully posted all bad things happened as soon as his first read wasn't available.  I'd rather see him fix those issues than play around it.  But point is it makes sense that he did so much better in that type of offense.

Right now ... of course we would take meh positive game.   Yes - stat wise it was meh.   But at least he didn't make any bone headed decision - and maybe in very long time - he played a game without turnover.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
Does this mean Playoffs?
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 10:49 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(11-10-2019, 10:43 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  Ginats are better than Phins  - although i get it they're bad team too.  But at least Darnold showed he can beat a bad defense.  

What it seems to me:

One thing that concerns me is that in his 19 games, he only has 3 games with 300+ yards and only 2 games with 3 touchdowns.  And he's never thrown more than that.  I think Daniel Jones has two 4 TD games now.  (Grant it, in general I'll take a win over a 4 TD performance).

It's not the biggest deal in the world.  But he does seem to be panning out to be a bit of a gunslinger, and that was also the impression most had of him coming into the league as well.  But if you're going to have that play style, you need to be match, and really exceed, the interceptions you're inevitably going to throw with offensive production.  And its a little concerning that even against soft defenses, Sam still hasn't produced big games. 

Obviously its not all on him and there's no reason to take these facts as a sure sign of anything bad.  But I would feel a whole lot better about his future prospects if if we did already see a few more games with more production out of him.  It would help balance out the 4 games he has with 3+ interceptions and make me a little less concerned for his future.
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 08:49 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  Darnold NEEDED this win ... and I'm happy for him.

I know we want the top draft picks .. but we might be LOSING our QB in these 2nd half of the season.  He needed something, some confidence builder, a Win.     This was a good win for him.   Not great stats .. but fairly efficient, no turnover, and no bone headed play.    

Maybe he can build on this for rest of the season.

I’m confused. Is he broken or isn’t he?
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
Even though we won and Darnold played good, doesn't see like evrytime he actually doesn't get pressure right away and he makes a nice play for yardage it gets called back for a flag or WR just drops a ball in their hands?????? It gets fucking annoying....i think same thing happens when Bell actually has a play over 10 yards
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 10:43 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  

What it seems to me:

Agreed on Bell. He looks like he's running in mud. Awful.
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 01:21 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  

What it seems to me:

Agreed on Bell. He looks like he's running in mud. Awful.
He's/they are saving him for next year. Convince me I'm wrong and I'll let it go.
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 01:15 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Even though we won and Darnold played good, doesn't see like evrytime he actually doesn't get pressure right away and he makes a nice play for yardage it gets called back for a flag or WR just drops a ball in their hands?????? It gets fucking annoying....i think same thing happens when Bell actually has a play over 10 yards

There were few crucial drops by Jets WRs as well .. between those and some penalty that negated big plays- there are some easy room for improvements.  

I know we all want the high draft picks .. but I think it is import that by end of season, Darnold rebuilds his confidence and show some improvement.   Life of Jets fan - delicate balance between how well you want your QB to do .. but at same time  you don't want to win any games lol
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I think they will win 3-4 games total....5 being very worse

3-4 we should still be in play to get Andrew Thomas or Jeudy

You have to figure that Tua, JB and Chase will all be in top 3 and a good chance another QB in that top 5(Likely Herbert)

I have wanted Andrew Thomas, I still would like Great Darnold games to be blown by our defense for the losses and will root for that, but I am not going to whine over a couple wins considering it is good for the QB and me expecting we can still get A Thomas (or Jeudy if he is gone)
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
Adams right now is having to much impact on these close games so he actually from the Safety spot has made huge impact on the wins himself......He did it in Dallas and the difference of this game was that monster play he made yesterday

So Adams def is hurting our tank mentality rest of the way....his stock is rising if we trade him....I want to keep him, he is exactly who I want on that side of the ball, but we are so in need of help all around I would be satisfied with us ass raping a team who wants him .
 x 0 x 0
worst defense in the league
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 03:25 PM)NYCF1 Wrote:  worst defense in the league

That is ok, he also plays behind worse O line in league and with bottom 3 in the league skill talent

So????????

Why can't just say he had a good game and be happy with that?