Chris Kluwe article
 x 0 x 0
really really interesting article for anyone interested:

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
"I kind of feel like Chris Kluwe's "activism" stopped being about the actual cause and started being more about Chris Kluwe a little bit ago."

Best comment.
 x 0 x 0
I actually applaud him for calling them out.
 x 0 x 0
Cool. But the guy sucked. They went a different way. He went viral with that letter and it was cool and all but it suddenly became about him.
 x 0 x 0
"We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows."

This is abhorrent and this guy, if proven, should be banned from the NFL.
 x 0 x 0
woodyreturns Wrote:Cool. But the guy sucked. They went a different way. He went viral with that letter and it was cool and all but it suddenly became about him.
i may have missed something. But not sure where it is about him.
 x 0 x 0
I think it's an easy justification for an athlete on the downside of their career to pull the sexual preference card in response to getting released.

You would have a really hard time convincing me that any pro team would release someone because they were gay. If the player gets it done on the field, he will have absolutely no problem finding work in the NFL.

The only way I could see it as a motivating factor is if the player became disruptive to the team due to their activism. But that could happen regardless of the given cause of the activist. The key being a distraction, not being gay.

If I hire someone I am solely interested in the work the perform and how they work with others in the organization. Part of that is not being a source of discontent, or being vocal about any issue to the point of leading to distractions and a loss of efficiency. Activism should be performed outside of working hours if ever. But even on your own time, just like A&E's right to fire someone for anti-gay comments, employers could also fire someone with the opposite views, if they were causing enough controversy that it was believed to be counter productive to the company.
 x 0 x 0
(01-02-2014, 06:39 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  I think it's an easy justification for an athlete on the downside of their career to pull the sexual preference card in response to getting released.

You would have a really hard time convincing me that any pro team would release someone because they were gay. If the player gets it done on the field, he will have absolutely no problem finding work in the NFL.

The only way I could see it as a motivating factor is if the player became disruptive to the team due to their activism. But that could happen regardless of the given cause of the activist. The key being a distraction, not being gay.

If I hire someone I am solely interested in the work the perform and how they work with others in the organization. Part of that is not being a source of discontent, or being vocal about any issue to the point of leading to distractions and a loss of efficiency. Activism should be performed outside of working hours if ever. But even on your own time, just like A&E's right to fire someone for anti-gay comments, employers could also fire someone with the opposite views, if they were causing enough controversy that it was believed to be counter productive to the company.

You might want to read the article. Kluwe is not gay which you seem to think.

Also guess you're not too familiar with Kerry Rhodes? I still don't want him back but let's be honest he's better than at an absolute minimum half the safeties in the NFL.

He's not on a team because he's (seemingly) gay.

Activism should be performed outside of working hours if ever.

It was. Did you read the article?
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
If Mike Priefer posted here he would pull out the DMB you're a liar card
 x 0 x 0
Tom Hanks Wrote:If Mike Priefer posted here he would pull out the DMB you're a liar card
but he'd be wrong. DMB is right
 x 0 x 0
(01-02-2014, 06:39 PM)jetsfansince68 Wrote:  I think it's an easy justification for an athlete on the downside of their career to pull the sexual preference card in response to getting released.

No offense, but did you even read the article? He wasn't gay, nor was he a distraction or counter productive. He voiced his opinion on his own time without representing the organization. He wasn't preaching to the locker room, it didn't hurt his numbers, and he wasn't missing team activities.
"I don't have a brother! It was me! I ate the sheep shit!"
 x 0 x 0
Look, the guy wrote a crazy letter to some politician and reamed him good. People thought it was hilarious and badass since hes a football player. I think the letter had to do with the politician calling out his teammate. Huge viral sensation. The guy cant get enough of himself. Fine. I agree with him and the letter was funny.

Now there's no problem until he gets cut? Until he starts sucking? Read his new submission. He's "clearly the victim" even if he doesnt actually say it. He says, maybe it was because I suck but then goes on to victimize himself. Oh "the coach made my numbers drop. I'm a white knight. I came to save humanity and sacrifice myself for your sins..."

The guy is straight out of that Martyr episode of South Park.

MAYBE he did get fucked. Maybe he got screwed completely. So fuck you man. You made your bed. No one asked you to stand up on a soapbox and curse off politicians while working for a billion dollar organization.

Now you want to cry about it?

I support LGBT rights completely. I dont like would be martrys whos suddenly feel the need to cry victim when things go badly.

The guy sucked and got cut. Some guys are homophobic. Stand up to the guy and tell him you dont like what hes saying. Dont bitch out and say, oh well its my boss. I better keep my mouth shut even though he goes against everything Im saying.

Kluwe- Frazier told me to stand up for myself. Then Frazier didnt let me talk, but he didnt really say that he just said hed rather I didnt.

Kluwe- The guy said he wanted to nuke all gays after putting them on an island. I better not say anything though because hes my boss.

Hypocrite.

Now that he sucks he talks. This shit is about Kluwe not gay rights.

Read the article.
 x 0 x 0
It doesn't really matter what Kluwe's intentions are. Unless you think he's lying bout the comments and actions from the members of the Vikings team/front office. It seems pretty truthful given a lot of the things he said and how he said it. He was beyond clear that he didn't know if that was the reason why he got cut.

I mean he was very very fair in the article.

x 0 x 0
He calls out Frazier for not approving of his speaking out. He says Frazier believes in standing up for whats right but says hes a hypocrite (doesnt actually say it just implies) for not allowing him to be Jesus.

Then he himself describes how he stayed quiet when the other douche said he wanted to nuke gays. Suddenly Jesus doesnt want to speak out? I thought he said do whats right? I thought that was his problem with Frazier?

No. This guy speaks out when its opportune for him. He spoke out in that letter because his teammate had said something first and the politician called him out. It was 'safe' because he had a friend he was defending.

Now it's "safe" again because he sucks and cant get a job. Blames it on homophobes?

Nah. This all reaks. If he was that badass about LGBT Rights he'd have called out his coach, he'd have said something while he had a job. This guy is about Kluwe not gays.

Hes a smart guy though. He's articulate so thats what make really makes my skin crawl. He knows what hes doing.
 x 0 x 0
FlowbeeBryantUgirlwonder41L
It could be but I guess I'd just have a problem with an ally taking a serious issue and twisting it into a personal crusade where affronts to themselves are elevated to the same level as the actual issue itself and their personal martyrdom somehow becomes paramount.

What started as "Hey, would you like to lend a few words in supporting of striking down a discriminatory amendment?" becoming "Can you believe what they did to ME and my borderline punting career?"

In sum, it would move from genuinely being about helping a minority community in their struggle to being about the supposed ally. And civil rights struggles shouldn't be used. Today 1:33pm

Just another great comment. Kluwe thinks hes Jesus.
 x 0 x 0
woodyreturns Wrote:FlowbeeBryantUgirlwonder41L It could be but I guess I'd just have a problem with an ally taking a serious issue and twisting it into a personal crusade where affronts to themselves are elevated to the same level as the actual issue itself and their personal martyrdom somehow becomes paramount. What started as "Hey, would you like to lend a few words in supporting of striking down a discriminatory amendment?" becoming "Can you believe what they did to ME and my borderline punting career?" In sum, it would move from genuinely being about helping a minority community in their struggle to being about the supposed ally. And civil rights struggles shouldn't be used. Today 1:33pm Just another great comment. Kluwe thinks hes Jesus.
woody hates gays?
 x 0 x 0
Dude I got sucker punched by 4 guys who surrounded me when I defended my gay friend after walking out of a bar. I walked out and heard them shouting fag before punching him in the face. Story ends well though, they all got a visit from the Detectives who tracked them down. I testified in front of a grand jury against them.

I dont know if you were fucking with me or not but, I think Kluwe just has an ego and is a hypocrite who is crying now because his career is over. Why didnt he speak up when the nuclear bomb quote went down? Because he had nothing to gain. Now suddenly he's a martyr.

If I were gay Id be insulted.
 x 0 x 0
woodyreturns Wrote:Dude I got sucker punched by 4 guys who surrounded me when I defended my gay friend after walking out of a bar. I walked out and heard them shouting fag before punching him in the face. Story ends well though, they all got a visit from the Detectives who tracked them down. I testified in front of a grand jury against them. I dont know if you were fucking with me or not but, I think Kluwe just has an ego and is a hypocrite who is crying now because his career is over. Why didnt he speak up when the nuclear bomb quote went down? Because he had nothing to gain. Now suddenly he's a martyr. If I were gay Id be insulted.
gay hater!
 x 0 x 0
agree Field, I remember woody hated Tebow, both gay and christian. Woody hates GATES and CHRISTIANS

x 0 x 0
Kluwe isn't gay? LOL ok my mistake.

In any event he was cut because he wasn't good enough to balance out being a pain in the ass.

It's like Holmes. You put up with his shit until he doesn't perform on the field. Until the minuses outweigh the plusses. It's not complicated.

If you aren't playing well and you're a vocal advocate of controversial subjects you are begging to get fired. Just common sense. Just like Phil from DD. He was only saved by a vocal outcry from the public, but if that hadn't happened he was toast. Because he opened his big fat mouth. It's ok to have opinions, but when you voice them in a large public setting you may have to pay a price. If you don't want to pay a price, then you need to stfu.