Carmelo Trade Update
04-25-2017, 09:25 AM,
RE: Carmelo Trade Update
 x 0  x 0 
(04-25-2017, 08:21 AM)jcharding Wrote:  I didn't say they were starting over. I am just passing on reports that they may be moving away from Thomas.

I heard the same.  Hard to imagine it happening, but it might actually be the smartest move they could make if they're unable to surround him with a contending team.  They let him go this offseason and go with their young players and see what they can build.
04-25-2017, 11:13 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-25-2017, 09:25 AM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(04-25-2017, 08:21 AM)jcharding Wrote:  I didn't say they were starting over. I am just passing on reports that they may be moving away from Thomas.

I heard the same.  Hard to imagine it happening, but it might actually be the smartest move they could make if they're unable to surround him with a contending team.  They let him go this offseason and go with their young players and see what they can build.

It's height discrimination, which is funny but true.  If he was 6'4 and everything was the same they would offer him a max deal.  But he's 5'9, yet he scored 29 points a game and led them to the number one seed and people feel they would be better off without him?  I don't get that?

04-25-2017, 03:24 PM,
Carmelo Trade Update
 x 0  x 0 
I think Portland would be an interesting trade partner. They don't need another scorer, but if they want to get past the Warriors hump, they might need one. Crabbe proved to be fairly useless in this past series. They also have a bunch of picks this year. I'd be cool with two of their 1st rounders this year, Napier, Ezili, Turner's contract for Melo.
04-25-2017, 03:27 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I was thinking the same thing they have 3 1st rd picks but are they over the cap? Don't think melo wants to go to portland

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,marshall or shepard

04-25-2017, 04:34 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-25-2017, 11:13 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(04-25-2017, 09:25 AM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  I heard the same.  Hard to imagine it happening, but it might actually be the smartest move they could make if they're unable to surround him with a contending team.  They let him go this offseason and go with their young players and see what they can build.

It's height discrimination, which is funny but true.  If he was 6'4 and everything was the same they would offer him a max deal.  But he's 5'9, yet he scored 29 points a game and led them to the number one seed and people feel they would be better off without him?  I don't get that?

He can't defend anyone and he's a bit of a ballhog.  Can he fit well with another top player next to him?  No one knows, but he's due for a max contract so you have to make a decision now.
04-25-2017, 05:30 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-25-2017, 04:34 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(04-25-2017, 11:13 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  It's height discrimination, which is funny but true.  If he was 6'4 and everything was the same they would offer him a max deal.  But he's 5'9, yet he scored 29 points a game and led them to the number one seed and people feel they would be better off without him?  I don't get that?

He can't defend anyone and he's a bit of a ballhog.  Can he fit well with another top player next to him?  No one knows, but he's due for a max contract so you have to make a decision now.

If they had won 32 games like us I would agree, but they were the top seed in the East.  Maybe I am wrong, but they are doing with him what we did with David Lee.  That is, focusing on what they can't do and magnifying it.  Instead of appreciating what they do do.

Sometimes we create issues that don't exist and pigeon hole players into spots they don't belong, for better and for worse.

Suffice to say, I think it would be a bad move.  If that's how they felt they should have traded him last summer.

04-25-2017, 06:41 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Instead of appreciating what they do do.

LOL

He said do do.....
VIVA la TANK!!
04-25-2017, 08:37 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Brooklyn actually fits. They have two lead players that fit more closely to Melo's age trajectory. Melo, Brook and Lin could be formidable opponents. The Nets have two first round picks this year and they are under the cap. Too bad the Billy King is no longer the GM.
Meaningful dialogue is key to understanding. Understanding is essential for knowledge... Knowledge opens the door to possibilities and when the door opens, the opportunities are endless... ~~Oba Dahil Bunadon
04-25-2017, 08:50 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
(04-25-2017, 08:37 PM)Coralogre Wrote:  Brooklyn actually fits. They have two lead players that fit more closely to Melo's age trajectory. Melo, Brook and Lin could be formidable opponents. The Nets have two first round picks this year and they are under the cap. Too bad the Billy King is no longer the GM.

Melo and Lin, are you serious?  Do we really want to talk about this topic?

04-25-2017, 09:13 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(04-25-2017, 08:50 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(04-25-2017, 08:37 PM)Coralogre Wrote:  Brooklyn actually fits. They have two lead players that fit more closely to Melo's age trajectory. Melo, Brook and Lin could be formidable opponents. The Nets have two first round picks this year and they are under the cap. Too bad the Billy King is no longer the GM.

Melo and Lin, are you serious?  Do we really want to talk about this topic?

Kaboom
Game 7

Joe Torre: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Jeter: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Joe Torre: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn shortstop I ever saw. Suit up.
04-25-2017, 09:16 PM,
Carmelo Trade Update
 x 0  x 0 
(04-25-2017, 11:13 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(04-25-2017, 09:25 AM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  I heard the same.  Hard to imagine it happening, but it might actually be the smartest move they could make if they're unable to surround him with a contending team.  They let him go this offseason and go with their young players and see what they can build.

Nate was the same height maybe an inch shorter could've done the same if he wasn't as boisterous and held back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk