Browns hire Monken
 x 0 x 0
To be there OC, also hire Steve Wilks as there DC. Nice staff
 x 0 x 0
Not bad. If kitchens is as good as they think. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
Kind of bizarre no? You would think Monken would go to a place where the coach is a defensive coach so it's his offense. Are we to assume Kitchens is calling the plays? Because even more strange for him to be almost a HC but go somewhere he can't even call the plays.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
I guess Kitchens won't be calling the plays?

Sounds like a great hire but also weird
Usually a hot OC that is a hot HC canidate doesn't take an OC job for a first time HC who calls plays, no?
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(01-13-2019, 10:26 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Kind of bizarre no? You would think Monken would go to a place where the coach is a defensive coach so it's his offense. Are we to assume Kitchens is calling the plays? Because even more strange for him to be almost a HC but go somewhere he can't even call the plays.

I’m assuming Monken is thinking, I was a runner up presumably for a number of these openings this year. There’s a good possibility I get a job next year, let me put myself in the best position to succeed with the best talent available. I think it’s a safe play on his part, but it wouldn’t surprise anyone if Browns had a top 10 offense next year and he is in high demand.
 x 0 x 0
Unless he figures that Kitchens will crash and burn as a HC and Haslam will do what Haslam has been known to do sometimes in the past.....pull the plug quickly.
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
(01-13-2019, 10:46 PM)Jets1044 Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 10:26 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Kind of bizarre no?  You would think Monken would go to a place where the coach is a defensive coach so it's his offense.  Are we to assume Kitchens is calling the plays?  Because even more strange for him to be almost a HC but go somewhere he can't even call the plays.

I’m assuming Monken is thinking, I was a runner up presumably for a number of these openings this year. There’s a good possibility I get a job next year, let me put myself in the best position to succeed with the best talent available. I think it’s a safe play on his part, but it wouldn’t surprise anyone if Browns had a top 10 offense next year and he is in high demand.

Yeah I did think about that aspect to things (good place to look good potentially).  I guess without knowing what opportunities are available it's hard to say.  Yeah maybe the only places where he could have had full control of the offenses were shit offensive situations that wouldn't make him look very good.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"