Atlanta wins, Miami up late
 x 0 x 0
Could be a big day for the Jets draft position even with the win. Our main rivals, Atlanta won, Miami just went up 4 with 3 mins left. Bengals got smoked. They look like a lock for the #1 pick at the moment.
 x 0 x 0
miami won ... the way Fitz is playing - they may win more games than Jets
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
At least the Phins are just as big of fuck ups as we are and can't even tank correctly.
"Joe Montana was ok... Geddy Lee was an average bass player...Neil Pert couldn't carry Dave Grohl's drumsticks" - Words of wisdom from (minor prophet) Etrius24 --- Added proverbs for 2014: "Rocky was watchable"
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 01:39 AM)moonlitegram Wrote:  At least the Phins are just as big of fuck ups as we are and can't even tank correctly.

this is why i laugh when people say teams are tanking. the players never tank they are playing for jobs for their careers for their families and as a natural competitor and with all  the shit talking going on out there nobody ever gives up.. only the occasional looser and pos who is a diva and already got paid
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 03:23 PM)NYCF1 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 01:39 AM)moonlitegram Wrote:  At least the Phins are just as big of fuck ups as we are and can't even tank correctly.

this is why i laugh when people say teams are tanking. the players never tank they are playing for jobs for their careers for their families and as a natural competitor and with all  the shit talking going on out there nobody ever gives up.. only the occasional looser and pos who is a diva and already got paid

you don't think the GM and front office there are tanking?  It couldn't be more obvious.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 03:30 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 03:23 PM)NYCF1 Wrote:  this is why i laugh when people say teams are tanking. the players never tank they are playing for jobs for their careers for their families and as a natural competitor and with all  the shit talking going on out there nobody ever gives up.. only the occasional looser and pos who is a diva and already got paid

you don't think the GM and front office there are tanking?  It couldn't be more obvious.

semantics.. rebuilding might be a better word when i hear tanking i think not trying
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 03:34 PM)NYCF1 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 03:30 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  you don't think the GM and front office there are tanking?  It couldn't be more obvious.

semantics.. rebuilding might be a better word when i hear tanking i think not trying

I guess that is fair since Rosen is not being forced to start by front office to HC
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 03:34 PM)NYCF1 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 03:30 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  you don't think the GM and front office there are tanking?  It couldn't be more obvious.

Tanking means wanting to lose to get a top pick, and its almost always for a QB.

And yes, the Phins front office was tanking NOT rebuilding, as clearly as it gets. You don’t trade Tunsil, Stills and Minkah Fitzpatrick if you're rebuilding. That’s not rebuilding.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 03:30 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 03:23 PM)NYCF1 Wrote:  this is why i laugh when people say teams are tanking. the players never tank they are playing for jobs for their careers for their families and as a natural competitor and with all  the shit talking going on out there nobody ever gives up.. only the occasional looser and pos who is a diva and already got paid

If they are it shows what an incompetent FO we have, cant even fuckin lose when you want to smh......stupid franchise will never be anything more than average, they want these moral victories only to fuck their draft stock, win meaningless games like last year, the goal is to make the playoffs and then the SB, is Miami going to either? No! But hey lets win a few games enough to fuck us

This team should be called The "Miami Masochists"
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 04:57 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  

If they are it shows what an incompetent FO we have, cant even fuckin lose when you want to smh......stupid franchise will never be anything more than average, they want these moral victories only to fuck their draft stock, win meaningless games like last year, the goal is to make the playoffs and then the SB, is Miami going to either? No! But hey lets win a few games enough to fuck us

It's weird, and teams are sometimes weird about tanking.  I think this overlaps a bigger topic about the NFL and coaches/GM's.  They seem to think you're supposed to do certain things.  One of those things is a reliable backup/veteran QB.  Same thing happened to us when we signed McCown.  It caused us to have to trade up 3 2nd round picks to be in position to pick Darnold. 

So there's two issues, the signing of Fitz and then starting him (and putting him back in eventually).

Starting and putting him in is more due to Flores.  I forget, was he involved in the GM pick?  Did the GM come first?  I think Flores is part of the tank, but he might be trying to not be so obvious.  Maybe he was scared to lose the players.  Lots of bad reasons why this could have happened.  Maybe he also thought the team was so bad there's no way that they would win games even with Fitz.  Fitz can play well at times, but he's not a great QB.

But they were definitely tanking, again their trades prove so.

x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 05:14 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 04:57 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  If they are it shows what an incompetent FO we have, cant even fuckin lose when you want to smh......stupid franchise will never be anything more than average, they want these moral victories only to fuck their draft stock, win meaningless games like last year, the goal is to make the playoffs and then the SB, is Miami going to either? No! But hey lets win a few games enough to fuck us

It's weird, and teams are sometimes weird about tanking.  I think this overlaps a bigger topic about the NFL and coaches/GM's.  They seem to think you're supposed to do certain things.  One of those things is a reliable backup/veteran QB.  Same thing happened to us when we signed McCown.  It caused us to have to trade up 3 2nd round picks to be in position to pick Darnold. 

So there's two issues, the signing of Fitz and then starting him (and putting him back in eventually).

Starting and putting him in is more due to Flores.  I forget, was he involved in the GM pick?  Did the GM come first?  I think Flores is part of the tank, but he might be trying to not be so obvious.  Maybe he was scared to lose the players.  Lots of bad reasons why this could have happened.  Maybe he also thought the team was so bad there's no way that they would win games even with Fitz.  Fitz can play well at times, but he's not a great QB.

But they were definitely tanking, again their trades prove so.

Ive thought about that too.....you cant make the moves we have made and say "We aren't tanking", Minkah Fitzpatrick has 4 turnovers since being a Steeler, 2 of which he took to the house, same with Tunsil
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio