Article on creation of Warriors offense
10-12-2017, 08:46 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Short version - its the Triangle with pick and roll concepts layered on top

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseWarriors/how-steve-kerr-revolutionized-golden-state-warriors-offense-charcuterie-board
10-12-2017, 08:50 PM,
RE: Article on creation of Warriors offense
 x 0  x 0 
The most pertinent part:

So Ninkovich, with a captive audience of Warriors coaches, musters the courage to speak: What are you going to do? He asks Kerr. Will our one-on-one offense end? Will you implement the triangle offense?

"Funny you should mention that," Kerr replies. "We've got some ideas. Here, I'll show you."

And then, as Fraser looks on, Kerr swipes clear the wooden board, casting the handle in the role of a basket. He positions the board's dried cranberries and marcona almonds into two five-on-five teams in a half-court setting, with the cranberries relegated to defense. Suddenly, Almond Stephen Curry, hovering near the top of the key, swings an imaginary ball to Almond Klay Thompson on the wing, then cuts to the near corner while Thompson dumps it down to Almond Andrew Bogut. Thompson and Curry set picks for each other along the perimeter, while Bogut weighs his options: find open almonds or back down his helpless cranberry.

These, Kerr explains, are aspects of the triangle offense, which he played in during the Bulls' 1990s heyday. But then Kerr pulls back, giving the noshes a breather. He notes that the Warriors would be foolish to run the triangle exclusively; it wouldn't best utilize their outside shooters. No, Kerr says. They'll run a hybrid.

These ideas have, for weeks, been rattling around Kerr's head. But he hasn't yet begun to diagram plays, or the scheme itself. Until now. And so for 10 minutes, Ninkovich watches as Kerr lays the foundation for the most devastating offense the NBA has not yet seen -- if only he could somehow turn the league's worst passing team into its best.
10-13-2017, 02:20 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Kerr would have never worked out in New York. Phil never saw the value or necessity to evolve the triangle.

Maybe if Kerr had joined the Knicks, the warriors would've never won a title.

Go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-13-2017, 03:36 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Warriors would 100% have won the title without Kerr IMO. Curry at the 7th pick is like getting Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. And then they followed that up with Klay at the 11th pick (!!!) and Green at the 35th pick! Kerr may have done some things that Jackson didn't, but come on...Steph Curry turned into the greatest shooter of all-time overnight.
10-13-2017, 03:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 04:56 PM by OnFire34.)
 x 0  x 0 
I'll post a video later if I remember, but my favorite play the warriors run is elevator doors. Works so seamlessly you have to watch it multiple times to see how it unfolds.
New York Knicks: pummeling fans’ hopes and dreams since 2001 
10-13-2017, 10:12 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
If Kerr was hired to coach the Knicks he wouldn't have had the same results. The team is a mess not only because of coaching but decades of horrible decisions with GM, players and trades. 

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Dolan running the Knicks is insane.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!