Anyone watched Dem debate last night?
 x 0 x 0
Anyone watched Dem debate last night?

Top Highlight:  At the end Warren went toward Bernie .. Bernie extended his hand for a handshake .. Warren refused lol!!!  They they talked about something for a min and both walked away.   
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
Didn't watch, still think Bernie, Biden and Warren have no chance whatsoever.  Steyer looks like a taller Frank Perdue, Mayor Pete seems to be fading and that's about it.

4 more years!
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 01:17 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Didn't watch, still think Bernie, Biden and Warren have no chance whatsoever.  Steyer looks like a taller Frank Perdue, Mayor Pete seems to be fading and that's about it.

4 more years!

Agree Mayor Pete is fading.  The main problem i see with candidates like him - they don't have 1 or 2 DEFINING issues they can hammer every week. It is always some generic/vague answer.  

I'm not even sure why Steyer  is on the stage lol.   

klobuchar did good ... but she is not going to crack top 3 in today's dem party.

Race is between Biden & Bernie.  It seems to me Warren is fading as well.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 01:54 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 01:17 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Didn't watch, still think Bernie, Biden and Warren have no chance whatsoever.  Steyer looks like a taller Frank Perdue, Mayor Pete seems to be fading and that's about it.

4 more years!

Agree Mayor Pete is fading.  The main problem i see with candidates like him - they don't have 1 or 2 DEFINING issues they can hammer every week. It is always some generic/vague answer.  

klobuchar did good ... but she is not going to crack top 3 in today's dem party.

Mayor Pete was not the greatest Mayor and that has hurt him as well.  The idea of having a First Man is appealing to some, awkward for many others.  I have liked Klobuchar from the beginning, but when she went all in for the impeachment, I think that hurt her.  I understand why she did, but she needed to differentiate from the hacks in the party and she didn't.

Would probably make a great VP for Biden, if he wins the nomination
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 02:13 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 01:54 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  Agree Mayor Pete is fading.  The main problem i see with candidates like him - they don't have 1 or 2 DEFINING issues they can hammer every week. It is always some generic/vague answer.  

Mayor Pete was not the greatest Mayor and that has hurt him as well.  The idea of having a First Man is appealing to some, awkward for many others.  I have liked Klobuchar from the beginning, but when she went all in for the impeachment, I think that hurt her.  I understand why she did, but she needed to differentiate from the hacks in the party and she didn't.

I heard many speculating Klobuchar for Biden's running mate.  That probably could be best fit for biden.  But I'm 200% sure - left will not allow it, they will want a minority/female  as VP pick.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 02:51 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 02:13 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Mayor Pete was not the greatest Mayor and that has hurt him as well.  The idea of having a First Man is appealing to some, awkward for many others.  I have liked Klobuchar from the beginning, but when she went all in for the impeachment, I think that hurt her.  I understand why she did, but she needed to differentiate from the hacks in the party and she didn't.

I heard many speculating Klobuchar for Biden's running mate.  That probably could be best fit for biden.  But I'm 200% sure - left will not allow it, they will want a minority/female  as VP pick.

So he'll pick Liz Warren, LOL

x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 02:52 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 02:51 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  I heard many speculating Klobuchar for Biden's running mate.  That probably could be best fit for biden.  But I'm 200% sure - left will not allow it, they will want a minority/female  as VP pick.

So he'll pick Liz Warren, LOL

lol  ... she is fake, wont work.  I think it'll be black & female.  Probably will be Kamala Harris.  
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
What would be interesting is if they go to a brokered convention - meaning no one has enough delegates. It wont be crazy thing to see a Biden/Bernie ticket.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 03:02 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 02:52 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  So he'll pick Liz Warren, LOL

lol  ... she is fake, wont work.  I think it'll be black & female.  Probably will be Kamala Harris.  

Harris is a horrible candidate, IMO

x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 03:28 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 03:02 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  lol  ... she is fake, wont work.  I think it'll be black & female.  Probably will be Kamala Harris.  

she is .. but biden will be forced to pick her (or another woman of color)
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 03:28 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 03:02 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  lol  ... she is fake, wont work.  I think it'll be black & female.  Probably will be Kamala Harris.  

I know you often rarely even hear from a VP... but, my god, I couldn't fathom her as VP.  Largely because I can't listen to her.  And it's mostly because she repeats everything she says.  It's something you usually see from someone who is like 90 years old... not someone her age.  LOL, it drives me nuts.

I'm surprised more people don't mention this.  I'm surprised more people don't mention this.  Listen to her speak.  Listen to her speak.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 04:44 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 03:28 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  Harris is a horrible candidate, IMO

I know you often rarely even hear from a VP... but, my god, I couldn't fathom her as VP.  Largely because I can't listen to her.  And it's mostly because she repeats everything she says.  It's something you usually see from someone who is like 90 years old... not someone her age.  LOL, it drives me nuts.

I'm surprised more people don't mention this.  I'm surprised more people don't mention this.  Listen to her speak.  Listen to her speak.

Didn't notice she repeats herself .. but I find her overall very annoying.  She has bit of nasal voice, and when she speaks her head is always titled to one side - as if she can't make it straight, and she tries to be "cool" and  it does not work.   She thought her big line during the debate - "dude got to go" - everyone mocked it.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
She attacked Biden over the bussing thing, I doubt he chooses her.

x 0 x 0
I tried watching the debates. It was pointless. A bunch of people all taking the stance that this election is ONLY about beating Trump. Then echoing the same empty campaign promises. Then attacking each other? It's pathetic. The only good candidate is getting squeezed out by the fake media polls and lack of coverage. Just like every other election. BULLSHIT.
 x 0 x 0
Before I saw it, I assumed the Warren "non hand shake" was a non-story... maybe didn't see his hand / distracted.

But after hearing more about this, it was CLEARLY a snub... and I read one camp (I think Bernie's) admitted they weren't happy with each other. (but didn't say exactly why, only that they hoped to talk again soon)
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 1 x 0
I agree that the best way to win the election for the Dems would be to NOT go after Trump.  Also the free everything for illegals is inherently stupid.  They have lost their way.  The more I want them to move to the center the further to the left they move.

x 0 x 0
(01-16-2020, 10:44 AM)sheets316 Wrote:  Before I saw it, I assumed the Warren "non hand shake" was a non-story... maybe didn't see his hand / distracted.

But after hearing more about this, it was CLEARLY a snub... and I read one camp (I think Bernie's) admitted they weren't happy with each other.  (but didn't say exactly why, only that they hoped to talk again soon)

Did you hear CNN released the audio?  Warren went to Bernie and stated "You just accused me of lying in front of live TV" .. Bernie responds "well you did  .. never mind - we can take this convo some other place"  - very tense situation.  

I'm not sure what on earth Warren is doing -  if this convo happened year ago, and since then you claimed he is your friend, why is this coming up now when she is slipping in poll?  
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
This is the exact code of Warren/Bernie exchange at the end of debate:

“I think you called me a liar on national TV,” Warren said.

“What?” Sanders responded.

“I think you called me a liar on national TV,” Warren repeated.

“Let’s not do it right now. If you want to have that discussion, we’ll have that discussion,” Sanders said. “Anytime,” Warren interjected. “You called me a liar,” Sanders continued. “You told me—all right, let’s not do it now.”
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
The question is, who's the liar?  Bad move by Liz as now they have both been tarnished.  I think Bernie is the one that is lying.  Also think Liz is a back stabber for trying to use it to hurt Bernie.  Total chaos in the party right now

x 0 x 0
(01-16-2020, 11:37 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  The question is, who's the liar?  Bad move by Liz as now they have both been tarnished.  I think Bernie is the one that is lying.  Also think Liz is a back stabber for trying to use it to hurt Bernie.  Total chaos in the party right now

I think liz is lying or distorting the context.   She has a history of doing it:
   1) stated her father was a janitor - his brother refuted it saying his dad was never a janitor
   2) stated repeatedly she was fired from school teaching job because she was pregnant  - it was proven factually false (they found record of that school extending her job and she refused to go back)
   3) lying about her heritage
   4) just few months back carefully lied about the fact that her kids went to private school

What probably happened Bernie implied he is a candidate with better idea and his ideas can win - Warren changed that to "he said woman cannot win".
It is what it is.