Anybody have the Amazon Firestick?
 x 0 x 0
This thing is awesome! I don't believe in paying cable companies so this thing is perfect for me. Now I just have to figure out how to eliminate the $55/mo I'm paying for internet.
"I'm just a big believer in personal responcibility, it's up to us as people to freely spend our money in places WE want... For example, if you want change or cheapers prices stop fattening the pockets of the greedy people"

"That field is a 1% elitest for shopping at Stop N Shop..."
 x 1 x 0
I have 2. For quite a while. For a good stretch i didn't watch anything on regular tv at all.
VIVA la TANK!!
 x 0 x 0
My neighbor just got one. So what's the deal, you buy it for 40 bucks and then find someone to jail break it?

How is the quality of shows? I'm told some of the new movies are good to so-so on bootleg level but how are the normal shows?
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
(08-16-2017, 10:25 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  My neighbor just got one. So what's the deal, you buy it for 40 bucks and then find someone to jail break it?

How is the quality of shows? I'm told some of the new movies are good to so-so on bootleg level but how are the normal shows?

Yes, $40 and you can program it yourself. There are plenty of vids on YouTube and it's very easy to do. Lmk if you need a good link.

In the beginning I had buffering/freezing issues with the movies/shows but I found a fix on YouTube for that and it works better now. The quality of the movies that are still in theaters ranges from barely watchable to almost HD. The quality of (newer) shows is HD. I watched the strain (fx) and now I'm watching Curb your enthusiasm (hbo) again. I think I'll watch game of thrones next.

I haven't found a good sports add on yet. I really only want it for NFL. If anyone knows of one, please share.
"I'm just a big believer in personal responcibility, it's up to us as people to freely spend our money in places WE want... For example, if you want change or cheapers prices stop fattening the pockets of the greedy people"

x 0 x 0
The only thing that truly holds me back is the NFL games. I get the ticket but man if I could get games at a decent quality, that would be the end of Direct Tv
 x 0 x 0
I'm hearing that if it's broke a certain way, it will get PPVs like the fight this sat. Any truth to that?
 x 0 x 0
(08-22-2017, 01:27 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  I'm hearing that if it's broke a certain way, it will get PPVs like the fight this sat. Any truth to that?

Yes but broken is broken. Just have to find the right "build".

x 0 x 0
(08-16-2017, 11:29 AM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  
(08-16-2017, 10:25 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  My neighbor just got one.  So what's the deal, you buy it for 40 bucks and then find someone to jail break it?  

How is the quality of shows?  I'm told some of the new movies are good to so-so on bootleg level but how are the normal shows?

Yes, $40 and you can program it yourself. There are plenty of vids on YouTube and it's very easy to do. Lmk if you need a good link.

In the beginning I had buffering/freezing issues with the movies/shows but I found a fix on YouTube for that and it works better now. The quality of the movies that are still in theaters ranges from barely watchable to almost HD. The quality of (newer) shows is HD. I watched the strain (fx) and now I'm watching Curb your enthusiasm (hbo) again. I think I'll watch game of thrones next.

I haven't found a good sports add on yet. I really only want it for NFL. If anyone knows of one, please share.

are you talking about Kodi or something else?   I had installed kodi .. but lately it doesn't work.

Can you post or im a good link?  Wanted to see if I am missing anything.
 x 0 x 0
I'm still waiting on mine to get back from getting broke but I'm told Kodi, ABC and FOX apps are a must.
 x 0 x 0
(09-24-2017, 06:39 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(08-16-2017, 11:29 AM)Jetsfansince76 Wrote:  Yes, $40 and you can program it yourself. There are plenty of vids on YouTube and it's very easy to do. Lmk if you need a good link.

are you talking about Kodi or something else?   I had installed kodi .. but lately it doesn't work.

Can you post or im a good link?  Wanted to see if I am missing anything.

When I programmed my FS I downloaded Kodi 17.3 and it works fine for me. Maybe you need to dl a more current version? I think 17.4 is out. Just YouTube it.

x 0 x 0
(09-26-2017, 05:28 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  I'm still waiting on mine to get back from getting broke but I'm told Kodi, ABC and FOX apps are a must.

From my understanding, Kodi is the platform in order to dl apps/wizards/builds. After I dl Kodi I used ares wizard and selected a build (an all in one, if you will). Within the build I chose I have sports devil which works fairly well. I've been watching live ncaaf and NFL on it. The past couple of weeks I haven't been able to watch USC games on it though so it's kind of hit or miss sometimes.