Anybody Here Watching Chernobyl on HBO?
 x 0 x 0
Such a great series. Sad, dark, compelling...the acting is great. They have Stellen Skaarsgard and Emily Watson and a bunch of others doing amazing performances. And the score is one of the best I've heard for a series. Right up there with GoT. It's not an action packed show - mostly slow moving situational and about how poorly the Soviet Union chose priorities given the horrific conditions and dangers the country and world were facing but wow is it ever well done!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7366338/
When you wish upon a star you're actually a few million years late. That star is dead. Just like your dreams.
 x 0 x 0
(05-28-2019, 02:55 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  Such a great series. Sad, dark, compelling...the acting is great. They have Stellen Skaarsgard and Emily Watson and a bunch of others doing amazing performances. And the score is one of the best I've heard for a series. Right up there with GoT. It's not an action packed show - mostly slow moving situational and about how poorly the Soviet Union chose priorities given the horrific conditions and dangers the country and world were facing but wow is it ever well done!

I'm watching it.  Finished ep 3 & 4 yesterday.  ep 4 was brutal and I think the miners are the heroes bc they don't give a foook!

The animal clean up was heartbreaking but i'd rather do that than the roof clean up!!
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
(05-29-2019, 11:14 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  
(05-28-2019, 02:55 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  Such a great series. Sad, dark, compelling...the acting is great. They have Stellen Skaarsgard and Emily Watson and a bunch of others doing amazing performances. And the score is one of the best I've heard for a series. Right up there with GoT. It's not an action packed show - mostly slow moving situational and about how poorly the Soviet Union chose priorities given the horrific conditions and dangers the country and world were facing but wow is it ever well done!

I'm watching it.  Finished ep 3 & 4 yesterday.  ep 4 was brutal and I think the miners are the heroes bc they don't give a foook!

The animal clean up was heartbreaking but i'd rather do that than the roof clean up!!

Haha agreed! The last show was yesterday's and I have to day it was an amazing show front to back. Of course one wishes it could have been longer but I think they did a great job with pacing and not overextending it and possibly jumping the shark on something that really can't be extended into much more drama.

Agreed on the miners 100%. Only ones besides the party officials who knew what they were walking into and went anyway. I feel especially sorry for the fire fighters who were lied to about the nature of the situation and were dead as soon as they stepped onto the property. Also, in the real situation, I have relatives who lived in the exclusion zone boundaries who had to evacuate. They still to this day have not been allowed to return and claim their stuff. It was a really horrific event but thanks to some real sacrifice the world was spared almost all of what it could have turned into.
When you wish upon a star you're actually a few million years late. That star is dead. Just like your dreams.
 x 0 x 0
Just watched the last episode and it was very sobering
 x 0 x 0
(06-04-2019, 05:20 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  
(05-29-2019, 11:14 AM)Litefghtr Wrote:  I'm watching it.  Finished ep 3 & 4 yesterday.  ep 4 was brutal and I think the miners are the heroes bc they don't give a foook!

Haha agreed! The last show was yesterday's and I have to day it was an amazing show front to back. Of course one wishes it could have been longer but I think they did a great job with pacing and not overextending it and possibly jumping the shark on something that really can't be extended into much more drama.

Agreed on the miners 100%. Only ones besides the party officials who knew what they were walking into and went anyway. I feel especially sorry for the fire fighters who were lied to about the nature of the situation and were dead as soon as they stepped onto the property. Also, in the real situation, I have relatives who lived in the exclusion zone boundaries who had to evacuate. They still to this day have not been allowed to return and claim their stuff. It was a really horrific event but thanks to some real sacrifice the world was spared almost all of what it could have turned into.

Did you see ep 5?