Angry Lakers rookie rips off Mitchell Robinson's headband
07-11-2019, 02:19 PM,
Angry Lakers rookie rips off Mitchell Robinson's headband
 x 0  x 0 
One Laker was so frustrated during a lopsided loss to the Knicks on Wednesday that he ripped off Mitchell Robinson’s headband and threw it at the towering center.

The odd sequence of events — in the third quarter of the Knicks 117-96 first Summer League win — earned Nick Perkins an ejection. Robinson pulled down a rebound and Perkins appeared to take a swipe at the ball but instead grabbed his headband.
It was part of a strong showing from Robinson, who scored 13 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and had five blocks.
Game 7 of the Championship series Against the Lakers with Wilt! 

Red: You know my mama wanted me to be a Coach.

Willis: My dad wanted me to be a basketball player.

Red: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
07-11-2019, 02:48 PM,
RE: Angry Lakers rookie rips off Mitchell Robinson's headband
 x 0  x 0 
(07-11-2019, 02:19 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  One Laker was so frustrated during a lopsided loss to the Knicks on Wednesday that he ripped off Mitchell Robinson’s headband and threw it at the towering center.

The odd sequence of events — in the third quarter of the Knicks 117-96 first Summer League win — earned Nick Perkins an ejection. Robinson pulled down a rebound and Perkins appeared to take a swipe at the ball but instead grabbed his headband.
It was part of a strong showing from Robinson, who scored 13 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and had five blocks.

And the woman ref  immediately threw him out of the game.  There was discussion, no uncertainty ... gone.  She had no fear of the moment,was not indecive ... just bye bye.   Honestly, most of the men would have called a technical, but she chucked him and I loved it.
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

07-12-2019, 12:01 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
(07-11-2019, 02:48 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(07-11-2019, 02:19 PM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  One Laker was so frustrated during a lopsided loss to the Knicks on Wednesday that he ripped off Mitchell Robinson’s headband and threw it at the towering center.

And the woman ref  immediately threw him out of the game.  There was discussion, no uncertainty ... gone.  She had no fear of the moment,was not indecive ... just bye bye.   Honestly, most of the men would have called a technical, but she chucked him and I loved it.
Yush lololololol I Loved that shit too!! In-love
Youuu Ranggg...?

07-12-2019, 01:46 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(07-11-2019, 02:48 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  

Maybe if he'd just grabbed the headband, it would have only been a T. But the throwing probably did it. Good for her.
If you don't know where you're going, you might wind up somewhere else.

-Yogi Berra
07-12-2019, 02:15 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(07-12-2019, 01:46 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(07-11-2019, 02:48 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  And the woman ref  immediately threw him out of the game.  There was discussion, no uncertainty ... gone.  She had no fear of the moment,was not indecive ... just bye bye.   Honestly, most of the men would have called a technical, but she chucked him and I loved it.

Maybe if he'd just grabbed the headband, it would have only been a T. But the throwing probably did it. Good for her.

Maybe woman refs are the way to go.  I am very critical of officiating, but these women today are doing a very good job.  I also think less players will yell at refs if they are female and the ones that do would get ostracized by the press.  As men we are used to taking orders from women so this could be a great direction.  In all fairness, I have to credit to Stern and Silver for making this happen.. I was wrong on this one, congrats ladies
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8