Allience of America Football kicks off Tonight
 x 0 x 0
Polian has got to be one of the more old school conservative football guys still around. No way in hell he lets him in if even if it was only for any current/potential sponsors.
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
I cannot believe this thread went this far about a league no one cares about. Keep it going guys till FA and draft starts.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
(02-10-2019, 10:55 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  I mentioned all the big names invloved with the off the field stuff and the big networks....they have all that working for them, but at the end of the day it is about the product on the field (the actual players) Unless they're getting big league players it is going to fail........Nobody wants to see Hack.

Hate him or love him a name that would have been good to showcase was Kaep, believe it or not.......maybe even Tebow and Manzeil........I don't know, at least you're starting with names that have had star power

I guess this answers when I talked about this

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaf-reached-colin-kaepernick-tim-tebow-playing-fledgling-football-league-003029691.html
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
I personally am glad there is a second league. I love love love football and to have a couple more months to watch it is great.
Why some on here have to compare it to the NFL is beyond me.

There are plenty of good athletes out there that can fill these rosters. As much as everything says Hack blows, he still is part of the top of the top in the ability to throw a football.

This league can help develop players to get to or get back to playing on an NFL roster. The league is there to help players like..Dakota Dozier...a fringe young player that all he needs is reps..being a backup for the first couple of years doesnt do much for them compared to being a starter for a team playing against other back up type players.

Since they will be playing after the college season, after the NFL season, they will not be competing for viewers.

I think its great for the sport, just like the Arizona Fall league is great for MLB.

I would think the goal for the Alliance is to eventually have NFL teams own their own Alliance team and them as an minor league.

As someone who watches pee wee football, jv and varsity football and an occasional college game I am all for the next level. High schools in Texas, Florida, California and Pennsylvania can have up to 20k people attend high school games....people will come.... it just takes patience and time to build these teams up. Expecting top quality play after only a month of existence is not realistic.

Hell look how long it took the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to stop being a laughing stock....

The only bad thing is that due to the time of year they will be playing these teams will all be in the deep south....doesnt leave me with a team to really root for.....i started off with wanting to be a Memphis fan because of Mike Singletary as I love his intensity...not thrilled with their uniform colors though lol...

Everything is a work in progress...cant wait to see how it all evolves.
 x 0 x 0
so Kaep wanted $20M/year for playing for the lol .. when there average salary i think is around $100K/year for players.
 x 0 x 0
(02-15-2019, 06:28 PM)apollo04 Wrote:  so Kaep wanted $20M/year for playing for the lol .. when there average salary i think is around $100K/year for players.

I agree with Kaep asking for that amount since he has nothing to prove playing in minor league football.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
 x 0 x 0
Watching the Memphis Express Arizona Hotshots game...

1. The camera angles suck wondering if they are using their sky cam so it doesnt show the vast areas of empty seats.

2. Their announcers are horrible..couple of times there were penalties that the announcers had no clue what was going on. The third person in the booth has to be the worst announcer ive ever heard. Prime example arizona has the ball and can run the clock to the two minute warning...this idiot is saying..looks like they are changing the play at the line of scrimmage...

3. Hackenberg...couple of decent throws but missed a few easy throws as well. What stands out more is how he seems to lose his composure with getting the play calls in. Now perhaps this is only highlighted more because they mic up the QBs but man he seemed to lose control quickly to blame others. I want to root for this guy but man....thru 3 and a half quaters not one throw over 10 yards...

4. Perhaps the league would have rethought the timing of starting the league...teams been together for only 6 weeks and it shows with communication.

5. Its going to be a long season for Memphis with their playcalling and qb....looks like i picked another loser

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
(02-15-2019, 04:44 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  I personally am glad there is a second league. I love love love football and to have a couple more months to watch it is great.

There are plenty of good athletes out there that can fill these rosters. As much as everything says Hack blows, he still is part of the top of the top in the ability to throw a football.

This league can help develop players to get to or get back to playing on an NFL roster. The league is there to help players like..Dakota Dozier...a fringe young player that all he needs is reps..being a backup for the first couple of years doesnt do much for them compared to being a starter for a team playing against other back up type players.

Since they will be playing after the college season, after the NFL season, they will not be competing for viewers.

I think its great for the sport, just like the Arizona Fall league is great for MLB.

I would think the goal for the Alliance is to eventually have NFL teams own their own Alliance team and them as an minor league.

As someone who watches pee wee football, jv and varsity football and an occasional college game I am all for the next level. High schools in Texas, Florida, California and Pennsylvania can have up to 20k people attend high school games....people will come.... it just takes patience and time to build these teams up. Expecting top quality play after only a month of existence is not realistic.

Hell look how long it took the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to stop being a laughing stock....

The only bad thing is that due to the time of year they will be playing these teams will all be in the deep south....doesnt leave me with a team to really root for.....i started off with wanting to be a Memphis fan because of Mike Singletary as I love his intensity...not thrilled with their uniform colors though lol...

I love football too. Love college football and prefer college over NFL. I can literally watch college football from noon early games up until the last games of the night ending at 1a. I can watch it nonstop if I have opportunity to. That's not even including college Gameday that starts at 9a.
I just can't get into this shit though. I'd rather watch the 4th Q of a preseason NFL game over this garbage. Yes some of these players will get another shot in NFL but this shit is hard to watch PERIOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 0 x 0
(02-17-2019, 10:57 PM)Scippo Wrote:  
(02-15-2019, 04:44 PM)BDA73 Wrote:  I personally am glad there is a second league. I love love love football and to have a couple more months to watch it is great.

I love football too. Love college football and prefer college over NFL. I can literally watch college football from noon early games up until the last games of the night ending at 1a. I can watch it nonstop if I have opportunity to. That's not even including college Gameday that starts at 9a.
I just can't get into this shit though. I'd rather watch the 4th Q of a preseason NFL game over this garbage. Yes some of these players will get another shot in NFL but this shit is hard to watch PERIOD

You need to give it time...college teams have continuity from season after season...yes there is constant turnover as seniors and freshmen come aboard...i expect the second half of the year to be much improved.

x 0 x 0
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/19/aaf-reportedly-needed-million-bailout-stay-afloat-after-just-one-week/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6744480826e0
 x 0 x 0
(02-19-2019, 03:35 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/19/aaf-reportedly-needed-million-bailout-stay-afloat-after-just-one-week/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6744480826e0

LOL, that's insane.

Why would anyone "save them"?  That's a strange investment to me.  When you're struggling to make payroll after one week, that's not something I'm investing in.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
Wait what?!?!?! When I saw Lites link, I didn't click on it I just looked at the words in the link that said "aaf-reportedly-needed-million-bailout-stay-afloat-after-jone-one-week". So I thought that meant they needed a $1M bailout. But $250M bailout?!?!?! What the fuck?!?! How is that possible?!?! I didn't even think $250M was invested in the entire league! That's insane! Why would that owner do that?!?!
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
One of the owners is spinning it as an investment so I'm not sure where the truth lies.
 x 0 x 0
(02-19-2019, 04:54 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  One of the owners is spinning it as an investment so I'm not sure where the truth lies.

I'm not sure that changes anything for me, a $250M investment sounds fucking batshit insane!!!
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
Lol. Wtf.

x 0 x 0
Man i hate to be that league's accounting firm...how the fuck can you be off budget off one week

x 0 x 0
That's the end of AAF.
 x 0 x 0
(02-19-2019, 03:35 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/19/aaf-reportedly-needed-million-bailout-stay-afloat-after-just-one-week/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6744480826e0

lol wtf???????? wow!!! 
lmfaooo