Alliance of American Football (AAF)
02-15-2019, 08:23 AM,
RE: Alliance of American Football (AAF)
 x 0  x 0 
Fuck that...

A guy I work with sometimes on projects... That is all he will drink is warm natty lite.

Fucking disgusting swill
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
02-17-2019, 05:57 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Week 2!

Game of the week! Apollos at Commanders.
02-19-2019, 01:55 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon invests $250M in AAF

Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon made a $250 million investment into the upstart Alliance of American Football and will become the league's new chairman.

The Athletic reported that the league was in danger of not making payroll on Friday, before Dundon's investment. AAF co-founder Charlie Ebersol dismissed reports that the league was getting a financial bailout from Dundon.

"This has been an extraordinary undertaking for us," said Ebersol, who less than a year ago partnered with Pro Football Hall of Fame executive Bill Polian to create the AAF. "It's a giant challenge and opportunity, and as a startup you are constantly looking for some peace of mind. When we got out of the first week of games, we saw there was so much interest from investors, and if we had one person who could take care of us for a very long time, that would be great."

The eight-team AAF kicked off the weekend following the Super Bowl. Billed as a developmental league, the 10-game regular season will culminate in an April 27 championship game. CBS broadcast the two opening games, and the league said more than 6 million people watched the AAF in its inaugural weekend.

"As a lifelong sports fan and entrepreneur, I've always valued the opportunities generated in the ecosystem of sports and entertainment," Dundon said in a statement released by the AAF. "I'm impressed with The Alliance's stunning growth in-stadium and across TV, mobile and social media in just these first few weeks."

Ebersol said in a statement that "Tom, Bill Polian, and I will work with our great team at the Alliance to expand our football operations and technology business. Tom is a self-made American success story who brings a wealth of knowledge in the sports, entertainment and finance worlds and proven leadership to our organization."

Ebersol is largely the one who raised the financial capital to get the league started -- a vision he began three years ago, eventually bringing Polian and others on board. The AAF gave players three-year, $250,000 non-guaranteed contracts with unspecified bonuses related to incentives.

The league premiered on Feb. 9 on CBS, and 2.1 million people watched, according to ratings reports. Ratings, as expected, dipped when the league broadcast on cable channels to approximately 640,000 for the Week 1 Sunday night game on NFL Network. Ratings for Week 2 games, which appeared on TNT, NFL Network and CBS Sports Network, have not yet been released.

Dundon is the NHL's newest owner. The Dallas billionaire took over in January 2018, purchasing a majority stake from longtime owner Peter Karmanos Jr.

The Hurricanes issued a statement from general manager Don Waddell reiterating Dundon's commitment to the NHL franchise.

"Tom is excited about the direction of the Carolina Hurricanes and remains fully committed to this franchise's current and future success in Raleigh," Waddell said.

Dundon, 47, is the former CEO of the Dallas-based lending firm Santander Consumer USA. He is the co-founder of Trinity Forest Golf Club in Dallas, home of the PGA Tour's AT&T Byron Nelson, the majority owner of Employer Direct Healthcare, a healthcare services company, and a primary investor in Topgolf.

The Hurricanes have not made the playoffs since 2009 -- the longest active drought in the NHL, and Dundon has pledged to inject a new energy into the franchise, which has manifested this season with elaborate postgame celebrations after home wins.
02-19-2019, 03:34 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
LMAO at "investment" they needed a bailout already.
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
02-19-2019, 03:54 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Ebersol: AAF cash infusion from Dundon was about opportunity not urgency

At a time when many are wondering why the Alliance of American Football needed $250 million last week, the correct answer to the question could be that it didn’t.

AAF CEO and co-founder Charlie Ebersol explained Tuesday morning that the quarter-billion-dollar investment from Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon (pictured) reflected a decision by Dundon to accelerate the startup league’s ongoing effort to raise funds.

“It was not urgency,” Ebersol told PFT by phone, explaining that the AAF has been structured like a tech startup, with multiples rounds of investments planned. Dundon decided to short-circuit the process.
“‘You can raise Series A, Series B, Series C, or you can raise Series Infinity right now,'” Dundon told Ebersol.

Ebersol opted to accept the offer from Dundon, who had been studying the AAF for the past year, and who decided to make his move after the league’s performance in its debut weekend.

It was the kind of payment that none of other investors were capable of making, and it makes Dundon the largest institutional investor in the league. He’ll instantly become chairman of the Board of Director.
Ebersol will continue to run the business side of the AAF, Polian will run the football side of the AAF, and Dundon will remove the fundraising obligation from Ebersol’s plate.

Ebersol nevertheless understands the skepticism, fueled by a report from TheAthletic.com that painted a picture of a league that needed to be saved after only one slate of four regular-season games.

“If you’re looking as an outside observer,” Ebersol said, “any time we’re raising money it looks like urgency.”

With a fresh $250 million, there should be no urgency now. Whether that means Dundon will get a return on his investment is a different issue, as is whether the league will survive for the long haul. Regardless of what the consequences of not getting the money could have been, the reality is that the league should now have the funding to get through at least a couple of seasons, if not longer.
02-19-2019, 09:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 09:10 PM by thegreathoo.)
 x 0  x 0 
This is good news. They are good for two seasons. It's really inexpensive to run this league for the NFL. They can run it for 5 mil per team, per year. About 160 mil. It's nothing, it's an annual salary of a linebacker.
It's a huge shame that the NFL is not running this, their own minors, that gives opportunities to coaches, staff, players. It's a complete disaster for the NFL not to be involved. Instead they keep mooching off the public.
02-19-2019, 11:10 PM,
 x 1  x 0 
(02-17-2019, 05:57 PM)thegreathoo Wrote:  Week 2!

Game of the week!  Apollos at Commanders.

Awesome .....a reason to live 
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor
02-20-2019, 04:11 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I see Julius Warmsley has a sack and a half, I'd like to see him use this AAF platform to earn a training camp invite, personally by Miami given his preseason with the Dolphins just a few years ago....