Admitted on Merit Unlike Others Who Get In On "Quota"
 x 0 x 0
In other words, just study harder. You have the same chances as anyone else and always have. LOL

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/us/college-admissions-cheating-scandal.html
When you wish upon a star you're actually a few million years late. That star is dead. Just like your dreams.
 x 0 x 0
That shit is crazy.....I was watching a video of one of these actors daughters brag last year how she got in to USC and she don't care about going to class.....
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(03-13-2019, 02:33 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  That shit is crazy.....I was watching a video of one of these actors daughters brag last year how she got in to USC and she don't care about going to class.....

Oh ya that was Loughlin's daughter. One of these internet versions of Angelyne who hasn't done shit but has 2 million followers watching her not do shit. But like I say - all you have to do is study harder, right? But what happens when you do?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/student-claims-accused-cheating-sat-exam-held-review/story?id=60136387

Ahh yes. YOU must be the one cheating. And since you don't have the cash to make cheating okay, you simply don't get in. Meanwhile, those who cheat can post to people like her about not cheating on their Twitter feeds.

Land of opportunity! If you don't make it you're simply lazy and if you can't see that you hate 'Murrica!
When you wish upon a star you're actually a few million years late. That star is dead. Just like your dreams.
 x 0 x 0
(03-13-2019, 03:23 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 02:33 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  That shit is crazy.....I was watching a video of one of these actors daughters brag last year how she got in to USC and she don't care about going to class.....

Oh ya that was Loughlin's daughter. One of these internet versions of Angelyne who hasn't done shit but has 2 million followers watching her not do shit. But like I say - all you have to do is study harder, right? But what happens when you do?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/student-claims-accused-cheating-sat-exam-held-review/story?id=60136387

Ahh yes. YOU must be the one cheating. And since you don't have the cash to make cheating okay, you simply don't get in. Meanwhile, those who cheat can post to people like her about not cheating on their Twitter feeds.

Land of opportunity! If you don't make it you're simply lazy and if you can't see that you hate 'Murrica!

Your last sentence is the irony of it.

This is what happened when colleges turned into businesses. Like I have told you in the past.

Adding women, Minorities and so forth created a whole new stream of wealth. It is why college has no value. These people aren’t taking STEM, Law, MBAs etc. they are all there for sociology, psych and liberal arts degrees.

The issues aren’t about those whom get it vs not. It is about why.

That’s the leftist and activist agenda at full tilt right there. And like anything else they touch? It fails.

The truly heinous part is the double dip of it. Using a third party donation group they were able to claim a tax deduction twice on this.

Got to love the left. Virtue Signaling Fucks that they are.
Belief is NOT a Substitute for Knowledge.
 x 0 x 0
(03-13-2019, 03:50 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 03:23 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  Oh ya that was Loughlin's daughter. One of these internet versions of Angelyne who hasn't done shit but has 2 million followers watching her not do shit. But like I say - all you have to do is study harder, right? But what happens when you do?

Your last sentence is the irony of it.

This is what happened when colleges turned into businesses. Like I have told you in the past.

Adding women, Minorities and so forth created a whole new stream of wealth. It is why college has no value. These people aren’t taking STEM, Law, MBAs etc. they are all there for sociology, psych and liberal arts degrees.

That’s the leftist and activist agenda at full tilt right there.  And like anything else they touch? It fails.

The truly heinous part is the double dip of it. Using a third party donation group they were able to claim a tax deduction twice on this.  

I'm going to continue to assume it's impossible to be stupid enough to imply that the underlying problem with the US college system is that it stopped limiting admittance to White men. Especially when the 60's saw more White male hippies interested in liberal arts degrees enter the college system than any other ethnicity or gender group.

And not for nothing to mention that Many of the top companies in tech were founded by people just like that who dropped out between 1960 and 1970. Gates and Jobs being two of them.  How wrongheaded can one man get in an hour? Some of the biggest companies in tech are being run by women. Seminal tech companies in gaming such as Sierra Online were co-founded by women.

And for the record? STEM is garbage. And people aren't shying away from JDs and MBAs because they want to sit around being hippies and living off the system. They're doing it because they're sick of your old boy's network and because there are too many MBAs working third shift at Walmart and McDonalds. It's not the Holy Grail it used to be and everyone knows it. Shit like this goes a long way towards defining how and why that is.
 x 0 x 0
(03-13-2019, 04:21 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 03:50 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  Your last sentence is the irony of it.

That’s the leftist and activist agenda at full tilt right there.  And like anything else they touch? It fails.

I'm going to continue to assume it's impossible to be stupid enough to imply that the underlying problem with the US college system is that it stopped limiting admittance to White men. Especially when the 60's saw more White male hippies interested in liberal arts degrees enter the college system than any other ethnicity or gender group.

And not for nothing to mention that Many of the top companies in tech were founded by people just like that who dropped out between 1960 and 1970. Gates and Jobs being two of them.  How wrongheaded can one man get in an hour? Some of the biggest companies in tech are being run by women. Seminal tech companies in gaming such as Sierra Online were co-founded by women.

And for the record? STEM is garbage. And people aren't shying away from JDs and MBAs because they want to sit around being hippies and living off the system. They're doing it because they're sick of your old boy's network and because there are too many MBAs working third shift at Walmart and McDonalds. It's not the Holy Grail it used to be and everyone knows it. Shit like this goes a long way towards defining how and why that is.

Try, for once, not dropping to your knees to hit below the belt and turn it into a fight.  Just once. 

Then, maybe, we can have a real discussion. 

And, no  the numbers,  which I have posted in the other education threads we have, have more than shown your ideas about the MBA are a joke that only people use when making a false dilemma argument.  An MBA still, to the very day, offers a better way to succeed than does the typical degree sought after. As does stem.  Because they are good all over the world and not just ...well, almost nowhere like sociology and the others I mentioned. 

Which is funny. Why? Because your stating third shifts and the MBA is still much better than what the basement dwellers get from their lib arts shit.

Now, the concept of good old boys, you have missed the point.  Which  again,  in our past thread on education,  instead of playing the victim card of misogyny you would understand I'm simply showing how supply and demand works.  Nothing more. By creating revenue streams they cheapened the value but raised the costs. Especially once the government stepped in to supplement it. 

College used to be a place to further education based on real life competition and experience.  Preparing people for the next step in their evolution of life.  Getting a scholarship used to have real time value.  As you and I spoke in the opening of this thread? It's nothing more than a social stigma now.  

If you only had the audacity to not insult and instead converse? You would also remember that it is me that would rather see vocational schools/education be pushed and. Not college.  It is you that brays "education is fundamental "  and it was me that pointed out that it has become watered down and cheapened because everyone has a degree now.  

But, whatever. It's always easy to simply turn it into some bullshit screaming match because....because .  Right  
 x 0 x 0
(03-13-2019, 05:09 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 04:21 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  I'm going to continue to assume it's impossible to be stupid enough to imply that the underlying problem with the US college system is that it stopped limiting admittance to White men. Especially when the 60's saw more White male hippies interested in liberal arts degrees enter the college system than any other ethnicity or gender group.

Try, for once, not dropping to your knees to hit below the belt and turn it into a fight.  Just once. 

And, no  the numbers,  which I have posted in the other education threads we have, have more than shown your ideas about the MBA are a joke that only people use when making a false dilemma argument.  An MBA still, to the very day, offers a better way to succeed than does the typical degree sought after. As does stem.  Because they are good all over the world and not just ...well, almost nowhere like sociology and the others I mentioned. 

Which is funny. Why? Because your stating third shifts and the MBA is still much better than what the basement dwellers get from their lib arts shit.

Now, the concept of good old boys, you have missed the point.  Which  again,  in our past thread on education,  instead of playing the victim card of misogyny you would understand I'm simply showing how supply and demand works.  Nothing more. By creating revenue streams they cheapened the value but raised the costs. Especially once the government stepped in to supplement it. 

College used to be a place to further education based on real life competition and experience.  Preparing people for the next step in their evolution of life.  Getting a scholarship used to have real time value.  As you and I spoke in the opening of this thread? It's nothing more than a social stigma now.  

If you only had the audacity to not insult and instead converse? You would also remember that it is me that would rather see vocational schools/education be pushed and. Not college.  It is you that brays "education is fundamental "  and it was me that pointed out that it has become watered down and cheapened because everyone has a degree now.  

But, whatever. It's always easy to simply turn it into some bullshit screaming match because....because .  Right  

Who's screaming? You? I was invited here because I don't need to do that to communicate. How about you?

If you don't want to get the same thing here that you got on the Political board, best thing for you to do, and I reference your question in the Manafort thread about whether this is the "free to express opinions" area, is to understand clearly that this is the "free from masturbatory partisan label prefixes" area. Which means using partisan labels as reasons for everything, actions, and a disease diagnosis is going to get you the same smirking dismissals here that you got on the other board and if you can't deal with partisan labels being nothing more than pronouns, that other board and Apollo/Pit is where you wanna be.

Over here we discuss issues. We don't cry about everyone besides White men being the source of the world's problems. And we certainly don't pretend garbage like that can be justified by a couple more half assed Ivan Boesky/Gordon Geko quotes about zero sum games.
 x 0 x 1
Day one and Jez is already being a narcissistic asshole. I appreciate the invite guys, but I’ll pass.
 x 0 x 0
(03-13-2019, 06:07 PM)HerrinSchadenfreude Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 05:09 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  Try, for once, not dropping to your knees to hit below the belt and turn it into a fight.  Just once. 

Who's screaming? You? I was invited here because I don't need to do that to communicate. How about you?

If you don't want to get the same thing here that you got on the Political board, best thing for you to do, and I reference your question in the Manafort thread about whether this is the "free to express opinions" area, is to understand clearly that this is the "free from masturbatory partisan label prefixes" area. Which means using partisan labels as reasons for everything, actions, and a disease diagnosis is going to get you the same smirking dismissals here that you got on the other board and if you can't deal with partisan labels being nothing more than pronouns, that other board and Apollo/Pit is where you wanna be.

Over here we discuss issues. We don't cry about everyone besides White men being the source of the world's problems. And we certainly don't pretend garbage like that can be justified by a couple more half assed Ivan Boesky/Gordon Geko quotes about zero sum games.

Haha Haha, but your bolshevik and other lieology has to be accepted without question? 

Come on.  Dont play that game.

Either you want to discuss a topic/subject in whole or you don't. I like going alllll the way to the beginning of a topic.  It makes it 3asier to discus if you start at the beginning not a random point in time.

I have never said white men aren't a problem. Have you not seen me hate on progressivism, in its current form?  That's 100% whitey.   

So, dont pick and choose your attacks. You should know better than that. I'm impartial and honest.  Been to all the places you refuse to travel to. :)
 x 0 x 0
(03-13-2019, 06:26 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  Day one and Jez is already being a narcissistic asshole. I appreciate the invite guys, but I’ll pass.

Bwahahahahahaaaaaa. 

The irony of your first post and on day one....
 x 0 x 0
Here's a good book to read about education if you want.

https://www.amazon.com/Case-against-Education-System-Waste/dp/0691174652/ref=sr_1_1?crid=AXYFXZS56Z3O&keywords=the+case+against+education&qid=1552514135&s=books&sprefix=The+case+aga%2Cstripbooks%2C267&sr=1-1/

I recommend it.
 x 0 x 0
(03-13-2019, 06:26 PM)fetznjtown Wrote:  Day one and Jez is already being a narcissistic asshole. I appreciate the invite guys, but I’ll pass.

What the fuck did you expect Fetz,  It is Jez!
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
 x 0 x 0
(03-14-2019, 02:41 AM)Etrius24 Wrote:  

What the fuck did you expect Fetz,  It is Jez!

Translation:  how dare anyone question my truths. We dont want to discuss we simply want to state.  

My mistake,  as I thought boards were here for open debate and an attempt to do so as adults and without stooping to cheap insults.  Pretty sure that's one of the reasons the person that asked us to move here did. I am not at all surprised that the three perpetrators of this type of behavior continued here. Less surprisingly,  they assume the victim role even the same   

That's two posts that have nothing to do, astell, about the thread LK began but instead had to make it a victim insult game. Thanks for already continuing the childish shit you accuse everyone else of being the culprits of.

New board, same results. Project, Deflect. Carry on.
 x 0 x 0
Explanation:

Asking questions and debating is fine.

Being a fucking asshole is not.
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
 x 0 x 0
(03-15-2019, 01:39 AM)Etrius24 Wrote:  Explanation:

Asking questions and debating is fine.

Being a fucking asshole is not.

Glad we have that on “paper”

So, I’ll direct you attention to your posts, LKs and Fetz.

Practice what you preach and we shall be fine.
 x 1 x 0
(03-14-2019, 07:51 AM)Jezter13 Wrote:  
(03-14-2019, 02:41 AM)Etrius24 Wrote:  What the fuck did you expect Fetz,  It is Jez!

Translation:  how dare anyone question my truths. We dont want to discuss we simply want to state.  

My mistake,  as I thought boards were here for open debate and an attempt to do so as adults and without stooping to cheap insults.  Pretty sure that's one of the reasons the person that asked us to move here did. I am not at all surprised that the three perpetrators of this type of behavior continued here. Less surprisingly,  they assume the victim role even the same   

That's two posts that have nothing to do, astell, about the thread LK began but instead had to make it a victim insult game.  Thanks for already continuing the childish shit you accuse everyone else of being the culprits of.

New board, same results. Project,  Deflect.   Carry on.

Then beat it. Simple as that. Because all you do is whine at this point after you come on here with your Great White Hunter bullshit once it's called out for what it is. Sorry brah - no reason on God's Green Earth why anyone needs to consider you superior because of which two people fucked to make you. Not a single item of proof that you've done anything since that to make you the king bitch you imply you are and that everyone else is just out here harshing your buzz.

Since you've been here all you've done is pull the same shit out. White male your way around the board, tell everyone else they're diseased because "Left" although I can't find that particular disease in any edition of the Modern Home Medical Advisor, and then cry because nobody is willing to accept any of it and because you ran to gender politics right off the bat then turned around and tried to scream misogyny at me because I ID'd your ass. How long did you think that would fly baby?

So don't even try to get on here then. Head on back to those bozos on the regular Politics board - because they'll swallow that no fucks given. But then you're stuck with Captain Caveman mentality rooted in invisible friends who rule you and witless carnival barker presidents who are the face of the Ewe Ass franchise. There's no in between. Decide.
 x 0 x 0
LOL! So who's getting in on Affirmative Action again?! I'm confused.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/15/alleged-college-scam-mastermind-even-faked-kids-ethnicities-docs-reveal/