Adams believes we can run the table
 x 0 x 0
For plenty of Jets fans, “J-E-T-S” once again means “just end the season.” Don’t tell that to safety Jamal Adams.

The third-year safety, who was the best player on the field for either team on Sunday, told PFT by phone after Sunday’s 34-27 win over the Giants that if the Jets keep doing what they did today they’ll go to the playoffs.

“You mean next year, right?” I asked.

“This year!” Adams said.

I gently pointed out to him that with seven losses that may not be possible.

“We can do it!” Adams said. “If we keep doing what we did today, we can do it this year. We can go to the ‘ship.”

The schedule isn’t daunting, but they’ll surely need to run the table to have a chance. Next week, they go to Washington. Then comes a visit from the Raiders, they travel to the Bengals, they host the Dolphins, they travel to Baltimore, host the Steelers, and finish at Buffalo.

If they make an unlikely playoff run, it will have started today. Adams said that they specifically intended to shut down Giants running back Saquon Barkley, who was held to one yard (one yard!) on 13 carries.

And if Adams has his way, we’ll see the black-on-black uniforms more frequently. Adams loved the look, and he wants it to be the team’s permanent home uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 x 1 x 0
DELETE THIS THREAD
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

"Look at my African-American over here. Look at him, are you the greatest?"
 x 0 x 0
Jetguy is going to have a field day with this.
If you choose to pull the trigger,
should your drama prove sincere.
Do it somewhere far away from here.

x 1 x 0
(11-10-2019, 08:05 PM)mrf16 Wrote:  For plenty of Jets fans, “J-E-T-S” once again means “just end the season.” Don’t tell that to safety Jamal Adams.

The third-year safety, who was the best player on the field for either team on Sunday, told PFT by phone after Sunday’s 34-27 win over the Giants that if the Jets keep doing what they did today they’ll go to the playoffs.

“You mean next year, right?” I asked.

“This year!” Adams said.

I gently pointed out to him that with seven losses that may not be possible.

“We can do it!” Adams said. “If we keep doing what we did today, we can do it this year. We can go to the ‘ship.”

The schedule isn’t daunting, but they’ll surely need to run the table to have a chance. Next week, they go to Washington. Then comes a visit from the Raiders, they travel to the Bengals, they host the Dolphins, they travel to Baltimore, host the Steelers, and finish at Buffalo.

If they make an unlikely playoff run, it will have started today. Adams said that they specifically intended to shut down Giants running back Saquon Barkley, who was held to one yard (one yard!) on 13 carries.

And if Adams has his way, we’ll see the black-on-black uniforms more frequently. Adams loved the look, and he wants it to be the team’s permanent home uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he has to say it ... nothing wrong with that.  He was great today ... that play where he destroyed SB and scored a TD - he gets 1 week free - he can say anything he wants.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(11-10-2019, 08:57 PM)Signal20 Jet Wrote:  Jetguy is going to have a field day with this.

Adams shut JetGuy up for the moment. 
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
Oh and speaking of Adams, he had a game to remember. 9 tackles 2 sacks 2 Forced Fumbles and a TD. The play of 4th down where he jumped over the line and helped keep Barkley short of the 1st down was nice too. Had a legion of boom feel to it.
"HOWEVER, I do believe every negative comment deserves a response, if we so choose." Redtrek
 x 0 x 0
He is a rare breed at the S spot........He is such a fucking beast

It is sad though that he is our best pass rusher
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
deleted
 x 0 x 0
like i always say football is so week to week it's hysterical
 x 0 x 0
Put aside if you hate Adams and you wanted to lose (which I get)

Is Adams a leader on that team and listening to Bart(right now with Maggie) talk about how he all week was motivating his teammates for this game and how the guys in the locker room feed off of him ......just because you don't like him, how people act like on game day he ain't a fucking leader???? r
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 04:07 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Put aside if you hate Adams and you wanted to lose (which I get)

Is Adams a leader on that team and listening to Bart(right now with Maggie) talk about how he all week was motivating his teammates for this game and how the guys in the locker room feed off of him ......just because you don't like him, how people act like on game day he ain't a fucking leader???? r
Only those who would try and sell you their opinion as fact.
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 12:12 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  He is a rare breed at the S spot........He is such a fucking beast

Which is why I think if you guys got the 1st pick would select Chase Young, he's a top 5 talent in the draft anyway......you get your pass rusher and we get our QB, of course I think Cincy will be picking before you guys.

....and Adams is a flat out stud, I remember after he was drafted I came over here to say what a stud he was and 90% of this board was pissed you guys took him Lol
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 04:53 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 12:12 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  He is a rare breed at the S spot........He is such a fucking beast

Which is why I think if you guys got the 1st pick would select Chase Young, he's a top 5 talent in the draft anyway......you get your pass rusher and we get our QB, of course I think Cincy will be picking before you guys.

....and Adams is a flat out stud, I remember after he was drafted I came over here to say what a stud he was and 90% of this board was pissed you guys took him Lol

i remember you said that .. 
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 04:53 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  

Everyone knew he was a stud on the field.  We were pissed (and still are) b/c of the position and need, not the player.  It's the same reason why that same 90% wants to trade him this offseason.
"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things"

x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 05:27 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 04:53 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  ....and Adams is a flat out stud, I remember after he was drafted I came over here to say what a stud he was and 90% of this board was pissed you guys took him Lol

Everyone knew he was a stud on the field.  We were pissed (and still are) b/c of the position and need, not the player.  It's the same reason why that same 90% wants to trade him this offseason.

He aint getting traded Lol, why would you.....are you saying there isn't a need for him on your defense? The guy is a top 3 S in the league

For the record I hope you do trade him so we don't have to face him

x 0 x 0
Oh Lord......

Did Adams also get hit in the head too? Run the table? That’s pretty fucking funny.

Great game by him yesterday. (Hope it translates into upping the value that JD can get for him after the season). I said in the game thread that I hoped Jerry Jones was watching.

I haven’t looked.....did he go to twatter and run his mouth or proclaim his greatness either after the game or today? Hell, after he molested/stripped Jones and scored, I was half expecting him to run to the sideline and get on twatter right then — after he was done posing and flexing and loving himself of course.

Running the table? LMAO. What a fucking moron.

Good News: JD can get more for him (hopefully) when he ships his ass out to the highest bidder.

Bad News: He helped the Jets win a meaningless game like a fuckin’ asshole.
Each and every one of you is a Beautiful Expression of Humanity
 x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 06:41 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 05:27 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Everyone knew he was a stud on the field.  We were pissed (and still are) b/c of the position and need, not the player.  It's the same reason why that same 90% wants to trade him this offseason.

He aint getting traded Lol, why would you.....are you saying there isn't a need for him on your defense? The guy is a top 3 S in the league

Why are you laughing?  They clearly were considering trading him at the deadline.  There's DEFINITELY a possibility that he's traded after the season.

And just because they don't do it (if they don't), doesn't mean I or we shouldn't want it (or that they wouldn't if they got fair value for him).  It's not like it's unheard of to make a trade like that.

are you saying there isn't a need for him on your defense? The guy is a top 3 S in the league

Strong safeties just don't have that big of an impact.  Not to mention, I realize you're not as familiar with our team as it would be if it were your own team.  We need to re-allocate our resources.  We need FIVE starting Olinemen next year.  Not a single Olineman is on the team next year.  We need two starting caliber Edge Rushers (we're as bad as it gets at edge rusher).  We also need a #1 WR and a #3 WR.

Nearly everything I just named is significantly more important than strong safety.  So if you can trade him for good value, you do it and re-invest that value in more important positions and building this team in a better way.

It's as simple as we literally can't afford to have resources allocated to the safety position at the moment.

x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 06:47 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 06:41 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  He aint getting traded Lol, why would you.....are you saying there isn't a need for him on your defense? The guy is a top 3 S in the league

Why are you laughing?  They clearly were considering trading him at the deadline.  There's DEFINITELY a possibility that he's traded after the season.

And just because they don't do it (if they don't), doesn't mean I or we shouldn't want it (or that they wouldn't if they got fair value for him).  It's not like it's unheard of to make a trade like that.

are you saying there isn't a need for him on your defense? The guy is a top 3 S in the league

Strong safeties just don't have that big of an impact.  Not to mention, I realize you're not as familiar with our team as it would be if it were your own team.  We need to re-allocate our resources.  We need FIVE starting Olinemen next year.  Not a single Olineman is on the team next year.  We need two starting caliber Edge Rushers (we're as bad as it gets at edge rusher).  We also need a #1 WR and a #3 WR.

Nearly everything I just named is significantly more important than strong safety.  So if you can trade him for good value, you do it and re-invest that value in more important positions and building this team in a better way.

It's as simple as we literally can't afford to have resources allocated to the safety position at the moment.

Id say his impact this past Sunday was pretty significant

x 0 x 0
(11-11-2019, 06:54 PM)Taylortogetya Wrote:  
(11-11-2019, 06:47 PM)dmb88886 Wrote:  Why are you laughing?  They clearly were considering trading him at the deadline.  There's DEFINITELY a possibility that he's traded after the season.

Id say his impact this past Sunday was pretty significant

It absolutely was.  But at the end of the day the impact from our staring Olinemen, Edge Rushers, and WRs are way way way way more important towards building a championship caliber team.

It's not a criticism of Adams whatsoever.  It's just a reality of the league.  Adams was a big reason we won yesterday.  However, if our Oline could pass block well, there's a decent chance the game isn't close and Adams' value wouldn't have mattered too much.  Adams value sticks out more b/c of how atrocious we are and how atrocious of an opponent we played. 

Adams has had big contributions in other games this year.  I want to say one of the Pats games.  And we got destroyed in those games.  When you're playing competent teams, and if you want to be a competent team yourself, being able to pass block and rush the passer are going to be way more important and in that case Adams value won't be relatively anywhere near the same it currently is.  It's more b/c our team is a disaster so he easily sticks out.

x 0 x 0
Jets need to look at offers for Adams during the offseason and get some extra picks. Unbelievable how Mac fucked this team over and CJ was so fucking blind to see it till it was too late.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!