2018 Playoffs Thread
06-07-2018, 08:24 PM,
RE: 2018 Playoffs Thread
 x 0  x 0 
(06-07-2018, 12:55 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(06-01-2018, 03:05 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  JR did a Stormy Daniels and fucking blew it, George Hill...even worse.  Great watching LeBron become what I was told he was.  He has gotten so much better it's unbelievable.  I mean in the past few years

Yeah, amazing player, but I still can't stand the guy. If the Cavs go down, bet he switches teams again this summer.

He's just going one on one every night. He's a physical freak. He's bigger and stronger than most. I really don't think he's as skilled as he is smart/aware and just able to muscle past guys. 

Fuck him though. He's not GOAT and never will be. 
06-08-2018, 12:20 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-07-2018, 12:55 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  
(06-01-2018, 03:05 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  JR did a Stormy Daniels and fucking blew it, George Hill...even worse.  Great watching LeBron become what I was told he was.  He has gotten so much better it's unbelievable.  I mean in the past few years

Yeah, amazing player, but I still can't stand the guy. If the Cavs go down, bet he switches teams again this summer.

There is no doubt he is leaving Cleveland after the series. I am putting my money on him going to Philly as they already have a nice core and young legs to run. I know folks are saying Houston but his best chance getting back to the finals is staying in the East. Only real threat would be Boston.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
06-08-2018, 01:44 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
A lot of people think LeBron and Simmons are too similar to co-exist.
06-08-2018, 04:50 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-08-2018, 01:44 AM)jcharding Wrote:  A lot of people think LeBron and Simmons are too similar to co-exist.

That is crazy since it would make them the favorites in the East if James goes to Philly. They have a great Center (when healthy) and the shooters on the wing with Dario, Covington and Reddick. Simmons is good but has no outside shot.
Jesus Christ himself has blessed me with many gifts, one of them is knocking someone the fuck out!
06-08-2018, 08:38 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
That's kind of the point. Both Simmons and LeBron are point forwards who need the ball. Simmons, since he has no outside shot, wouldn't be able to play off LeBron. So the Sixers signing Lebron turns Simmons into a bench player.

Two other things to consider is LeBron is going to start to age soon and Simmons is still on his rookie contract.
06-08-2018, 10:19 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
What I struggle with the most is, LeBron cutting to the basket and receiving a pass has been the most difficult cover in the last 10 years.  No one can guard him one on one when he is moving.  If LeBron would embrace playing off the ball a portion of the time, this could work out really well.

In the new NBA the opinion is everybody has to emulate Golden State, totally disagree.
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

06-08-2018, 10:58 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-08-2018, 10:19 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  What I struggle with the most is, LeBron cutting to the basket and receiving a pass has been the most difficult cover in the last 10 years.  No one can guard him one on one when he is moving.  If LeBron would embrace playing off the ball a portion of the time, this could work out really well.

In the new NBA the opinion is everybody has to emulate Golden State, totally disagree.

I always go back to Rick Barry saying that Lebron's teams make it so hard for him to score.  Either through off-ball movement or catches in the post he could get so many easy baskets, but his coaches have him trying to dribble around smaller players from 35+ feet out.  It's incredible that he is still successful doing this, but it seems harder for him to score than it should be.
06-08-2018, 11:00 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-08-2018, 08:38 AM)jcharding Wrote:  That's kind of the point.  Both Simmons and LeBron are point forwards who need the ball.  Simmons, since he has no outside shot, wouldn't be able to play off LeBron.  So the Sixers signing Lebron turns Simmons into a bench player.

Two other things to consider is LeBron is going to start to age soon and Simmons is still on his rookie contract.

Philly could be the best defensive team in the NBA with Embiid, Simmons, Covington and Lebron though.  Good luck going against that much length and athleticism.  If Lebron and get Simmons to really lock in they would be all-time great on defense.  And then imagine the fast breaks Lebron and Simmons could run together...would be damn fun to watch.
06-08-2018, 11:13 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-08-2018, 10:58 AM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  
(06-08-2018, 10:19 AM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  What I struggle with the most is, LeBron cutting to the basket and receiving a pass has been the most difficult cover in the last 10 years.  No one can guard him one on one when he is moving.  If LeBron would embrace playing off the ball a portion of the time, this could work out really well.

I always go back to Rick Barry saying that Lebron's teams make it so hard for him to score.  Either through off-ball movement or catches in the post he could get so many easy baskets, but his coaches have him trying to dribble around smaller players from 35+ feet out.  It's incredible that he is still successful doing this, but it seems harder for him to score than it should be.

I did not know Rick said this, but there are few people that know basketball better than Rick Barry.  I agree totally
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

06-09-2018, 01:01 AM,
 x 0  x 0 

He had Wade passing him the ball. It was tough to stop. You couldn't touch him without fouls being called. He just bowled over dudes and got the and 1 constantly. 

His game isn't impressive to me though. It's all reliant on him being stronger than everyone else. Bigger than most. He's a smart player. Just...not really fun to watch honestly. Dude gets away with more travels than anyone in the history of the game. He flops. He jerks his team over constantly. He quits. I really don't like anything about him. 

He's no MJ. 
06-09-2018, 11:12 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
There's a reason they called it the Jordan rules in his playing days..I love ref hue hollins who was the only fucking ref that had the balls to call fouls on Jordan and pippen in the playoffs and they hated his ass

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,Barkley,Engram or Shepard