2017 NY Yankees prediction wins thread
 x 0 x 0
I'm going to say 117 wins for the regular season

Also AL MVP- Sanchez (Bird ends up finishing 3rd behind Trout by one vote)
AL Rookie of the year- Fraizer-Torres (co rookie of the years)
CY young AL - Tanaka

Yankees win a subway WS 4-0 

Exciting times, fuck the Jets (until we get Darnold April 2018) and Knicks (most likely forever)
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(03-11-2017, 05:20 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  I'm going to say 117 wins for the regular season

CY young AL - Tanaka

Exciting times, fuck the Jets (until we get Darnold April 2018) and Knicks (most likely forever)

Leaking
Game 7

Joe Girardi: You know my mama wanted me to be a Manager.

Judge: My dad wanted me to be a baseball player.

Joe Girardi: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 0 x 0
(03-11-2017, 05:20 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  I'm going to say 117 wins for the regular season

CY young AL - Tanaka

You're kidding with 117 wins, right? I would realistically take 90 wins and a wildcard spot. But I won't gripe if we don't make the post-season until 2018.

Frazier and Torres both need another full season in the minors. But I seriously think we might see Fowler in the Yankees outfield some time this season, especially if someone gets hurt. Fowler's a diamond in the rough, and he's not even that rough. Four tool player lacking only HR power. Speed and gap power means a lot of doubles turned into triples though.
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
 x 1 x 0
Too early to predict wins and losses. Don't let the pixie dust fool you. Spring training and regular season are two different monsters.

Our starting pitching is questionable beyond Tanaka. Until I see more of that I'm not going to get to excited.
VIVA la TANK!!
 x 0 x 0
(03-11-2017, 08:11 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  Too early to predict wins and losses. Don't let the pixie dust fool you. Spring training and regular season are two different monsters.

Our starting pitching is questionable beyond Tanaka. Until I see more of that I'm not going to get to excited.

Exactly what I was going to say. Back in the day when the Yankees were winning pennant after pennant, they usually had terrible WL records in spring training. The press would say "what's wrong with the Yankees?" But once the regular season started, pre-season records were forgotten and the team was fine.

The reverse can be just as true. These games are to look at the kids and try different lineups and it's important not set expectations sky-high for what is essentially a rebuilding season.

I for one am just going to relax and enjoy the show while I get a glimpse of the future. 117 wins is an absurd expectation for a team that still has so many holes to fill.
I never cared if it was in the strike zone. If I could reach it, I could hit it.

-Yogi Berra
 x 0 x 0
117 wins is way to much, I'm going with 90 with luck! If the pitching fails, 70 to 80.
Game 7

Joe Girardi: Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn player I ever saw. Suit up.
 x 1 x 0
You guys are right, a little to excited....116
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
My WS win prediction will be right but Jesus the Mets were bad...i might have let my emotions get the best of me for an all MY WS....at least one team will come through.
 x 0 x 0
AY was closest to reality. What did we win...91 and made the WC. Now we are in the ALCS! Hoping Toms insane prediction comes true though. A WS would make this the greatest Yankee season I've ever witnessed. It's already top 2 or 3.

I called Yankee Dodgers WS a few days ago when we were facing elimination.

Let's go Yankees.
VIVA la TANK!!
 x 0 x 0
(10-12-2017, 03:21 PM)Are We There Yet Wrote:  AY was closest to reality. What did we win...91 and made the WC. Now we are in the ALCS! Hoping Toms insane prediction comes true though. A WS would make this the greatest Yankee season I've ever witnessed. It's already top 2 or 3.

I called Yankee Dodgers WS a few days ago when we were facing elimination.

Let's go Yankees.

I had predicted  90      Snooty
Game 7

x 1 x 0
(03-11-2017, 06:03 PM)ancientyankee Wrote:  

CY young AL - Tanaka

I would realistically take 90 wins and a wildcard spot. But I won't gripe if we don't make the post-season until 2018.
I claim victory! Yarr

-Yogi Berra
 x 1 x 0
My wins prediction was me having fun......The part with us playing the kid brother Mets in the WS was and sweeping them was as well.....Us winning the WS was the only part of the OP that was me being serious ; )
 x 0 x 0
(10-12-2017, 10:05 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  My wins prediction was me having fun......The part with us playing the kid brother Mets in the WS was and sweeping them was as well.....Us winning the WS was the only part of the OP that was me being serious ; )

Goes to credibility your honor.......
VIVA la TANK!!
 x 0 x 0
I was the real winner!      Snooty
Game 7

x 0 x 0
(10-13-2017, 08:15 AM)bigjeep8 Wrote:  I was the real winner!      Snooty

You always are, Jeep. Kiss

-Yogi Berra