2017 NBA Playoffs Thread
06-15-2017, 05:48 PM,
RE: 2017 NBA Playoffs Thread
 x 1  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 05:29 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(06-15-2017, 01:07 PM)Blue_Blood16 Wrote:  Mutombo is a HOF center though, and Brown was a HOF coach. 

He was like 35 and was good, but not in his prime. Iverson was like 5 10 and like 160 (if even) compared to what Lebron is physically.......Just my own opinion I am impressed with that more so and plus AI one game in that Finals in which he was insane (that is the game he stepped over Lue and he scored like 50 points) and they beat the Lakers in game one and that was the only loss that Lakers team had the whole playoffs (that was a dominate Kobe/Shaq) team. Lebron's team got swept in that finals to the Spurs.

I think TH is right on this one.  Brown the Hall of Famer had traded away Stackhouse and Hughes and surrounded AI with role players.  The NBA is lucky AI was not 6'5, he would have been the greatest player ever.  Oh and I applaud the 5'10 comment.  Very few people know that or believe it when they hear it
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

06-15-2017, 06:03 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Anyone catch the lakers celtics 30 for 30 the other night? I missed it, but heard it was well done. Hoping to catch it on the watchESPN app.
New York Knicks: pummeling fans’ hopes and dreams since 2001 
06-15-2017, 06:12 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 05:48 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(06-15-2017, 05:29 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  He was like 35 and was good, but not in his prime. Iverson was like 5 10 and like 160 (if even) compared to what Lebron is physically.......Just my own opinion I am impressed with that more so and plus AI one game in that Finals in which he was insane (that is the game he stepped over Lue and he scored like 50 points) and they beat the Lakers in game one and that was the only loss that Lakers team had the whole playoffs (that was a dominate Kobe/Shaq) team. Lebron's team got swept in that finals to the Spurs.

I think TH is right on this one.  Brown the Hall of Famer had traded away Stackhouse and Hughes and surrounded AI with role players.  The NBA is lucky AI was not 6'5, he would have been the greatest player ever.  Oh and I applaud the 5'10 comment.  Very few people know that or believe it when they hear it

I am a big AI guy , admittedly. I have almost all his jerseys(back when jerseys looked dope) My fav one is my all red champion jersey when jerseys looked like a jersey and not a sleeveless shirt. People forget how insane he was considering his size. my opinion at the very least top 3 pound for pound player, lol. He has some awesome highlights against some all time great players (including a cross over on Jordan and dunk on Shaq) I know he played a certain way that some did not like out of a PG and people tried to be critical of that like they do with Westbrook, but he for most of his career in his prime really didn't have great talent around him. That Philly team he took the playoffs just was a team they finally build around him in which players played a role and let AI lead. I use to be glued as a kid watching his games with Georgetown. I have a soft spot for him and didn't like the way his career ended....he prob is the most popular player to most of the NBA's best today.
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
06-15-2017, 06:13 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 06:03 PM)OnFire34 Wrote:  Anyone catch the lakers celtics 30 for 30 the other night?  I missed it, but heard it was well done.  Hoping to catch it on the watchESPN app.

I was going to watch it last night(everybody is raving about it) When it first aird Tuesday night I watched my show Animal Kingdom and last night got caught up watching the Yanks all night, but def want to watch it tonight (have it in the DVR)
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
06-15-2017, 06:16 PM,
2017 NBA Playoffs Thread
 x 0  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 06:03 PM)OnFire34 Wrote:  Anyone catch the lakers celtics 30 for 30 the other night? I missed it, but heard it was well done. Hoping to catch it on the watchESPN app.

I've heard it's pretty good.

Everyone's talking about. On my list over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-15-2017, 06:22 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 06:13 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(06-15-2017, 06:03 PM)OnFire34 Wrote:  Anyone catch the lakers celtics 30 for 30 the other night?  I missed it, but heard it was well done.  Hoping to catch it on the watchESPN app.

I was going to watch it last night(everybody is raving about it) When it first aird Tuesday night I watched my show Animal Kingdom and last night got caught up watching the Yanks all night, but def want to watch it tonight (have it in the DVR)

Hah, i actually watch animal kingdom, too but didn't catch the latest ep yet.  It's not an amazing show, but engaging and entertaining enough.  Kinda got sucked in last year after TNT advertised for it like 300 times during the playoffs.
New York Knicks: pummeling fans’ hopes and dreams since 2001 
06-15-2017, 06:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2017, 06:36 PM by sgod35.)
 x 0  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 02:50 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  No one stuck their tail between their legs, LOL  They don't want to play in the triangle, and most view us as Carmelo's team.  If they come here, it would be to complement Carmelo, and why would a player better than him do that?

lebron and wade was FA during the walsh era before carmelo,the triangle and phil came along that was in 2010.......when someone is a FA they can go anywhere they want to with no restriction as in lebron,wade and KD and they all went elsewhere......so yes they tucked their tail and ran and did not want to take on the challenge to win a title in NY.... some people have amnesia in FA you are free to go wherever you want to unless you are restricted and the team can match lebron,wade and KD was not restricted and thats a fact....the knicks had enough money for 2 max FA that year lebron could've came with bosh or wade and run NY but he declined because they had a back door deal.....before the triangle,phil and melo

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,marshall or shepard

06-15-2017, 07:01 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
There was no back room deal, IMO and you can't have that shitty attitude and expect people to come here.  What, if I don't go to your shitty team I am afraid?  Fuck you is what most players would say to that.  
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

06-15-2017, 07:17 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 06:12 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  
(06-15-2017, 05:48 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  I think TH is right on this one.  Brown the Hall of Famer had traded away Stackhouse and Hughes and surrounded AI with role players.  The NBA is lucky AI was not 6'5, he would have been the greatest player ever.  Oh and I applaud the 5'10 comment.  Very few people know that or believe it when they hear it

I am a big AI guy , admittedly. I have almost all his jerseys(back when jerseys looked dope) My fav one is my all red champion jersey when jerseys looked like a jersey and not a sleeveless shirt. People forget how insane he was considering his size. my opinion at the very least top 3 pound for pound player, lol. He has some awesome highlights against some all time great players (including a cross over on Jordan and dunk on Shaq) I know he played a certain way that some did not like out of a PG and people tried to be critical of that like they do with Westbrook, but he for most of his career in his prime really didn't have great talent around him. That Philly team he took the playoffs just was a team they finally build around him in which players played a role and let AI lead. I use to be glued as a kid watching his games with Georgetown. I have a soft spot for him and didn't like the way his career ended....he prob is the most popular player to most of the NBA's best today.

Iverson was fun to watch but his FG% was so low throughout most of his career.  You're not winning a title with a guy on your team taking 20+ shots at 39%.  Even little man Isiah Thomas in the 80s shot much higher than Iverson.  Isaiah Thomas from Boston just shot higher last season than Iverson ever did in his career.  Iverson was all heart and a sick ball handler, but he had poor PG skills that he never developed. 
06-15-2017, 07:31 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Kobe shot .44 to AI's .42 . He was a shooter, who was small.
As much as we hate on Melo he is considered one of the best pure scorers of his time and he is at .45

In all reality is it making that much of a difference considering his game?

Westbrook is at .43 and Harden is at .44

These are great scorers who shoot a lot....kind of in that ballpark (only difference is AI is much much smaller)
06-15-2017, 07:33 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 07:01 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  There was no back room deal, IMO and you can't have that shitty attitude and expect people to come here.  What, if I don't go to your shitty team I am afraid?  Fuck you is what most players would say to that.  

lol @shitty attitude no big FA one wants to come play for little man Dolan and his dysfunctional team not because of my attitude lol

"P Y P" pick your poison Beckham,marshall or shepard

06-15-2017, 08:01 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(06-15-2017, 07:31 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  Kobe shot .44 to AI's .42 . He was a shooter, who was small.
As much as we hate on Melo he is considered one of the best pure scorers of his time and he is at .45

In all reality is it making that much of a difference considering his game?

Westbrook is at .43 and Harden is at .44

These are great scorers who shoot a lot....kind of in that ballpark (only difference is AI is much much smaller)

Kobe played great D though.  I definitely put Iverson with those other guys though, and don't think any of them really have a shot to win a title the way they play.