2016 NFL Draft
01-15-2016, 09:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 09:43 AM by Jezter13.)
2016 NFL Draft
 x 0  x 0 
a place to peruse and put the news out for the players you are interested in for the team. a one stop shop.

Mackensie Alexander - DB - Tigers

Pro Football Focus analyst Steve Palazzolo notes that Clemson redshirt sophomore CB Mackensie Alexander benefited from poor opposing QB and WR play in 2015.
Wrote Palazzolo, "42.1 percent of Alexander’s targets involved some kind of quarterback or receiver error (inaccuracy, dropped pass, etc), the second-highest percentage in the nation." He went on to observe that even when Alexander was beaten, poor throws and/or drops helped out his statistical profile. The 5-foot-11, 195-pound Alexander missed the first-round cut in Palazzolo's most recent mock draft. In his own mock, ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr's a bit higher on the corner, tabbing Alexander to the Redskins at No. 21 while praising his skills in man-to-man coverage.

Source: Pro Football Focus
Jan 14 - 9:55 PM
Belief is NOT a Substitute for Knowledge.
01-15-2016, 09:44 AM,
RE: 2016 NFL Draft
 x 0  x 0 
If he were to fall to our pick in the second round and as long as his reconstruction is progressing well, you take this kid.

Jaylon Smith - LB - Fighting Irish
Pro Football Focus analyst Steve Palazzolo wrote that Notre Dame junior LB Jaylon Smith's "athleticism and coverage ability" could earn him a first-round selection in the spring despite his knee injury.
While Smith's a supremely talented athlete, Palazzolo leaves him out of his second mock draft due to health concerns. The 6-foot-3, 225-pound junior suffered a catastrophic knee injury against Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl and subsequently underwent reconstructive surgery. Wrote Palazzolo, " But even as knee injuries are less career-threatening than ever, there is still inherent risk when taking an injured player, and that will likely be shown in Smith’s falling draft stock." Prior to the injury, he probably would have been a first-round selection. We've seen players with major knee injuries drafted on Day 1 before, but Smith's at something of a disadvantage given that the knee injury occurred in January. Still, it wouldn't be a shock if an NFL squad gambled on his upside.
Source: Pro Football Focus Jan 14 - 9:26 PM
01-15-2016, 09:47 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
if he comes in healthy and 240's? that is a stud.

Myles Jack - LB - Bruins
Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks UCLA LB Myles Jack as the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2016 NFL Draft.
"The complete package at the position, and a complete linebacker is as valuable as it has ever been," Norris wrote. "Jack’s movements are uncommon. His lower half swivels when adjusting to what is in front of him, and his first steps are explosive and springy, quickly eating up ground to make a play others cannot. Jack is equally as aggressive between the tackles as he is in coverage. At UCLA, he was even asked to play opposite receivers and did not look out of place in coverage. Jack is a foundation piece to build with and around." Jack, who measured in at 6-foot-1, 245-pound for scouts during the season, is likely to go in the top 10 if his medicals check out. His meniscus tear may be healed by the combine.
Source: Rotoworld Jan 14 - 4:33 PM
01-15-2016, 09:52 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
he projects 2nd to 3rd. nab in the third, put at RT and place JJ at LG. OL problems solved.

Shon Coleman - T - Tigers
Auburn junior T Shon Coleman confirmed that he will enter the 2016 NFL Draft.
He first announced the news last week. Coleman has an inspirational story. Diagnosed with leukemia in the spring of 2010, he is a cancer survivor who returned to the field to start 25 games over the past two seasons. Because of the time he missed, the 6-foot-6, 313-pounder is a rare 24-year-old early entrant. Auburn's left tackle plays with superb raw power and natural balance.
Source: USA Today Jan 14 - 12:49 PM
01-15-2016, 09:56 AM,
 x 0  x 0 
Reggie Ragland - LB - Crimson Tide
Alabama HC Nick Saban said that he is "sure" that senior ILB Reggie Ragland will be a top-15 pick.
"Reggie Ragland last year had a second-round grade. I'm sure he'll be a top-15 pick this year," Saban told NFL.com. "If you want to do the math on that, that's like a $12-to-14 million dollar decision." The SEC's Defensive Player of the year and First-Team All-American was a tackling machine for the Crimson Tide in 2015. Ragland recorded 102 tackles, 60 solo stops, 6.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, seven pass breakups and six quarterback hurries. The 6-foot-2, 254-pound senior has been a major part of Alabama's success on defense this season.
Source: NFL.com Jan 12 - 3:15 PM
01-15-2016, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 01:34 PM by kingdolfan3.)
 x 0  x 0 
To bad we have bigger needs.

Ajayi and Henry in our backfield would scare the hell out of a lot of defenses.

Imagine having Ricky Williams and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield at the same time.

By halftime there would be nothing left of opposing D-Lines.

I can dream can't I ?

Perkins: Dolphins should draft Alabama RB Derrick Henry in first round
Chris Perkins Contact Reporter Sun Sentinel Commentary
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-perkins-dolphins-should-draft-a-rb-in-first-round-20160115-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

Alabama RB Derrick Henry would be a solid first-round pick for Dolphins, Chris Perkins writes.

Alabama running back Derrick Henry, the Heisman Trophy winner, has declared himself eligible for the NFL Draft, according to a report. I’d like to see the Dolphins take him with the No. 8 pick.

It’s the best thing the Dolphins could do to help quarterback Ryan Tannehill and their struggling offense.

This is a tough choice, because I think defense should be the overall priority in the draft. The Dolphins’ defense needs to be rebuilt; the offense only needs to be re-focused.

It's also a tough choice because, according to many draftniks, Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott is the best in this class at his position.

In fact, Todd McShay of ESPN has Elliott at No. 13 among all draft prospects; he has Henry at No. 37.

So, I might change my mind before the draft.

But right now, unpopular as it might be among the early mock drafts, I’d favor a running back in the first round, and Henry, not Elliott, would be my choice.

I know many people subscribe to the thought a tight end is a quarterback’s best friend. But I think it’s a running game.

And with Lamar Miller eligible for free agency, Henry, the hulking, power-running junior, would be the ideal replacement.

And, hey, perhaps Elliott remains the better NFL prospect, so maybe the Dolphins end up drafting the Ohio State standout.

I just happen to like Henry better after watching both players for much of the last two seasons.

I also happen to think upgrading the running game would do more for the offense than trying to “fix” Tannehill, trying to “fix” the offensive line, or trying to get the passing game on par with the NFL’s elite passing games.

At 6-foot-3, 245 pounds, Henry rushed for 2,219 yards and 28 touchdowns this season, including 158 yards and three touchdowns in the national championship victory over Clemson.

He would make Tannehill, the offensive line and the passing game look much better.

Admittedly, it’s a tough call between him and Elliott (6-0, 225), who rushed for 1,821 yards and 23 touchdowns.

If you’re worried about Henry being worn out, consider this: Elliott, in the last two seasons, has 562 carries, while Henry has 567.

And, no, I’m not swayed by Elliott complaining about the offense and being bitter about not getting the ball after the Buckeyes’ loss to Michigan.

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has the Dolphins selecting Clemson defensive end Shaq Lawson with the No. 8 pick.

I’m OK with that, too.

However, I think the Dolphins should get a fresh start at running back.

And right now I’m thinking Henry is the man the Dolphins should target.
"Do or do not, there is no try."- Yoda
"Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!"- John Wayne - True Grit
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy"- Clint Eastwood - Outlaw Josey Wales
01-15-2016, 02:15 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(01-15-2016, 09:47 AM)Jezter13 Wrote:  if he comes in healthy and 240's? that is a stud.

Myles Jack - LB - Bruins
Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks UCLA LB Myles Jack as the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2016 NFL Draft.
"The complete package at the position, and a complete linebacker is as valuable as it has ever been," Norris wrote. "Jack’s movements are uncommon. His lower half swivels when adjusting to what is in front of him, and his first steps are explosive and springy, quickly eating up ground to make a play others cannot. Jack is equally as aggressive between the tackles as he is in coverage. At UCLA, he was even asked to play opposite receivers and did not look out of place in coverage. Jack is a foundation piece to build with and around." Jack, who measured in at 6-foot-1, 245-pound for scouts during the season, is likely to go in the top 10 if his medicals check out. His meniscus tear may be healed by the combine.
Source: Rotoworld Jan 14 - 4:33 PM
Absolutely love this kid.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
01-15-2016, 02:22 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(01-15-2016, 01:33 PM)kingdolfan3 Wrote:  To bad we have bigger needs.

Ajayi and Henry in our backfield would scare the hell out of a lot of defenses.

Imagine having Ricky Williams and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield at the same time.

By halftime there would be nothing left of opposing D-Lines.

I can dream can't I ?

Perkins: Dolphins should draft Alabama RB Derrick Henry in first round
Chris Perkins Contact Reporter Sun Sentinel Commentary
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-perkins-dolphins-should-draft-a-rb-in-first-round-20160115-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

Alabama RB Derrick Henry would be a solid first-round pick for Dolphins, Chris Perkins writes.

Alabama running back Derrick Henry, the Heisman Trophy winner, has declared himself eligible for the NFL Draft, according to a report. I’d like to see the Dolphins take him with the No. 8 pick.

It’s the best thing the Dolphins could do to help quarterback Ryan Tannehill and their struggling offense.

This is a tough choice, because I think defense should be the overall priority in the draft. The Dolphins’ defense needs to be rebuilt; the offense only needs to be re-focused.

It's also a tough choice because, according to many draftniks, Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott is the best in this class at his position.

In fact, Todd McShay of ESPN has Elliott at No. 13 among all draft prospects; he has Henry at No. 37.

So, I might change my mind before the draft.

But right now, unpopular as it might be among the early mock drafts, I’d favor a running back in the first round, and Henry, not Elliott, would be my choice.

I know many people subscribe to the thought a tight end is a quarterback’s best friend. But I think it’s a running game.

And with Lamar Miller eligible for free agency, Henry, the hulking, power-running junior, would be the ideal replacement.

And, hey, perhaps Elliott remains the better NFL prospect, so maybe the Dolphins end up drafting the Ohio State standout.

I just happen to like Henry better after watching both players for much of the last two seasons.

I also happen to think upgrading the running game would do more for the offense than trying to “fix” Tannehill, trying to “fix” the offensive line, or trying to get the passing game on par with the NFL’s elite passing games.

At 6-foot-3, 245 pounds, Henry rushed for 2,219 yards and 28 touchdowns this season, including 158 yards and three touchdowns in the national championship victory over Clemson.

He would make Tannehill, the offensive line and the passing game look much better.

Admittedly, it’s a tough call between him and Elliott (6-0, 225), who rushed for 1,821 yards and 23 touchdowns.

If you’re worried about Henry being worn out, consider this: Elliott, in the last two seasons, has 562 carries, while Henry has 567.

And, no, I’m not swayed by Elliott complaining about the offense and being bitter about not getting the ball after the Buckeyes’ loss to Michigan.

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has the Dolphins selecting Clemson defensive end Shaq Lawson with the No. 8 pick.

I’m OK with that, too.

However, I think the Dolphins should get a fresh start at running back.

And right now I’m thinking Henry is the man the Dolphins should target.
KD, did you just compare ajayi and Henry to Ricky Williams and lynch? Lol cmon man! !

I still love your enthusiasm man! Haha

I don't love Henry, I see brandon jacobs, and I don't take brandon jacobs in the 1st. Not even in the 2nd.

I'm simply not a fan of taking RBs in the 1st unless it's AP.

Here's a thought. If we let miller walk, and we suck next year. I'd have no issue with taking fournette. I think that kid goes top 5 next year and if he would of been eligible this year he'd be taken top 5. That kid is SPECIAL. He is the next AP. I was a huge fan of gurley. But fournette is better... Kid has speed, can catch but runs with violent power. If we are picking high next year I'm taking him. Hopefully our oline would be better n just give this kid the rock 25 times a game.

01-15-2016, 02:29 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
KD

There is a 50-50 Chance that Henry will be there when the Dolphins pick in the second round.. He has dropped a little bit and will not be taken in the first round ( IMHO ) The biggest obstacle would be the Cowboys who pick third in the second round... I would almost put money on them grabbing Henry in that spot if he is there....
I might not change the world, but I sure won't ever let it change me. P.S.
01-15-2016, 02:44 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
I like Henry but not in the first! Weakness is runs upright tends to go down if hit early but if he breaks that first line is gone. Second round at best.
Click, Click, Boom
01-15-2016, 03:02 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Whoever the cowboys put behind that beastly oline will look great.

01-15-2016, 08:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 08:31 PM by kingdolfan3.)
 x 0  x 0 
Nobody knows which way we will go in the 2016 meaning nobody will be happy with the first round pick this year.

Hyde5: How five early mock drafts pick for Dolphins
Dave Hyde Contact Reporter
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-hyde5-how-five-early-mock-drafts-pick-for-dolphins-20160114-story.html

Five, early mock drafts have the Dolphins selecting ...

Well, 'tis the season now that there's no playoffs for Dolphins fans to watch.

It's four, long months until the Dolphins use the eighth pick overall and a lot will change.

But here's a rundown of where some early mock drafts show the Dolphins picking (followed by a quick comment on the pick.)

* CBS Sports' Rob Rang:
Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor: "Between Ndamukong Suh and Earl Mitchell, the Dolphins dedicated an awful lot of its salary cap to defensive tackle with little to show for it.

Mitchell has recorded just two sacks in 28 games for the Dolphins since landing a four-year, $16 million deal two years ago and could be a salary cap casualty.

The powerful and passionate Billings could be the disruptive presence the Dolphins thought they were getting in Mitchell."

Comment: This would follow the best-player-available option. The Dolphins need help everywhere, including defensive tackle.

But by investing in Suh, second-round pick Jordan Phillips a year ago and now an eighth-overall pick in Billings, they'd better have the best defensive tackles in the league.

They question is where spending on talent becomes overspending on one position.

* ESPN's Mel Kiper:
Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson: "Lawson led college football in tackles for loss with 25.5, and Miami should add another edge-rusher because Olivier Vernon is about to become extremely expensive if he can even be kept around as an unrestircted free agent.

Lawson is just extremely consistent in his abiility to beat tackles and make plays."

Comment: We'll know by May how big defensive end is a need for the Dolphins.

In January, there are decisions to make.

The hope is to bring back two of the three defensive ends of Cameron Wake, Vernon, Derrick Shelby.

We'll see how that shapes up. If not, Lawson is a good option.

* ESPNs Todd McShay:
Ronnie Staley, OT, Notre Dame: "Stanley needs to improve his overall strength, but he has the ideal frame, length and athleticism to play left tackle in the NFL.

He moves naturally and is comfortable in space.

Staely has definitely benefited form staying another year in school, as he has been more consistent with his balance and hand placement this season."

Comment: Before talking Staley specifically, watch his one-on-one matchup against Lawson when Notre Dame played Clemson.

Lawson had a good day.

That said, here's how drafting a tackle makes sense: The Dolphins rate guard as their top hole - maybe even two guards.

I'm no fan of taking a guard this high. But it could work considering left tackle Brandon Albert has missed significant time the last two years with injury and turns 32 next season.

In other words, his health is something to watch.

So with the right player the Dolphins could fill the guard position for now and left tackle for the future. 
"Do or do not, there is no try."- Yoda
"Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!"- John Wayne - True Grit
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy"- Clint Eastwood - Outlaw Josey Wales
01-15-2016, 08:37 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(01-15-2016, 03:02 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  Whoever the cowboys put behind that beastly oline will look great.  

Except in 2015.       :yarr:

And to answer your previous question, you are. But I'll take a look if it's in the draft area.  

A
01-15-2016, 08:37 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Vernon Hargreaves III - DB - Gators
Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves as the No. 17 overall draft prospect.
"2014 was far better for Hargreaves than 2015. Still, I don’t think talent just disappeared," Norris wrote. "The corner can be aggressive at the catch point, closing on receivers after the catch when in off coverage and when playing the run. He allowed separation on deep routes this season. When he’s on, Hargreaves plays with intensity and fights for positioning to beat receivers to their point." The 5-foot-11, 185-pound is a potential Top-10 selection. It's worth noting that TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reported over the summer that "most scouts feel" Hargreaves is "significantly overrated."
Source: Rotowor
01-15-2016, 08:39 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Henry will be average at best, reminds me of Mcfadden, runs to upright, someone is gonna take his knees out....no thanks, besides ill pissed as fuck if we take a RB in the 1st rd!!
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio
01-15-2016, 08:41 PM,
2016 NFL Draft
 x 0  x 0 
I will bet a paycheck terzo thinks hargreaves is hot garbage
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
01-15-2016, 08:41 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(01-15-2016, 08:37 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  
(01-15-2016, 03:02 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  Whoever the cowboys put behind that beastly oline will look great.  

Except in 2015.       Yarr

And to answer your previous question, you are. But I'll take a look if it's in the draft area.  

A
A washed up mcfadden got 1100 yards on 4.6 a carry in 2015. Nothing to sneeze at :)

01-15-2016, 08:49 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
Damn! Best kept secret prior too the NCG

O.J. Howard - TE - Crimson Tide
The Alabama Media Group reports that Alabama junior TE O.J. Howard is leaning towards returning to school.
Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks the 6-foot-6, 240-pound Howard as the No. 23 overall draft prospect. While earning a first- or second-round call is in the cards for Howard in this weak TE class, it's possible Nick Saban and company are currently in his ear about a much bigger role in the passing offense next year. Saban and OC Lane Kiffin both conceded Howard was underused this year (he was the season before, as well). CBS Sports ranks Howard as the No. 3 draft-eligible tight end prospect and projects a second-round selection if Howard declares. Stay tuned, kids.
Source: Matt Zenitz
01-15-2016, 08:53 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(01-15-2016, 08:41 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  
(01-15-2016, 08:37 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  Except in 2015.       Yarr

A
A washed up mcfadden got 1100 yards on 4.6 a carry in 2015. Nothing to sneeze at :)

Would never call him washed up.  

But not Murray level either. 

What's your take, I agree on Cash, on tabbing Ragland and Cash top two picks. ?
01-15-2016, 08:54 PM,
 x 0  x 0 
(01-15-2016, 08:41 PM)nategonzalez79 Wrote:  
(01-15-2016, 08:37 PM)Jezter13 Wrote:  Except in 2015.       Yarr

A

Pffft, you could put anyone behind that O-line and they will have good numbers
I contain unprepared crude & raw humor

Amat Victoria Praeparatio