100th mile of walls now completed ...
 x 1 x 0
100th mile of walls now completed ...  may sound small if you think total Trump wanted to build was around 1,000 or so miles - but if you count how full blown obstructions Dem/MSM played along with their judges - this number is pretty good.  They estimate another 400 or so miles to be done by end of the year - but I dont buy it .. perhaps another 100 to 200 miles will get done. 

If he gets to 200-300 miles - it is a big deal.   Combine that deals he made with Mexico & other countries - where if you come over here, you're immediate set out to Mexcio to wait till your case is completed (which could take years) - Trump has changed the dynamics.  Now they have border crossing at something like 80% less than peak.  Basially stopped the chaos with caravans.   Now you need to keep chipping away at it.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I actually forgot all about the wall.
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 2 x 0
BUILD THAT WALL
BUILD THAT WALL
BUILD THAT WALL
BUILD THAT WALL
Darnold: Jets  qb 2018-2035. 6 time SB champ, 6 time SB MVP, 9 time NFL MVP, 12 time first team ALL PRO, HOF class of 2040.
 x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 01:22 PM)Tom Hanks Wrote:  BUILD THAT WALL
BUILD THAT WALL
BUILD THAT WALL
BUILD THAT WALL

lol .. 
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 01:00 PM)Litefghtr Wrote:  I actually forgot all about the wall.

Not many of the people who voted for him.   I dont expect the entire thing to be done .. but got to make big progress.  It will 100% help with slowing down drug traffic, criminal activities, and border issues in general.  It wont solve 100% of everything obviously - but my firm believe ... say you build 1 mile - it reduces areas you got monitor and associated cost by certain amount.   And that's a repeat saving every year.   Sure they'll cut some parts which you would need to repair/fix - but if you can control entry to smaller areas - or ideally only at the port of entry - that helps with overall cost/crimes etc.

But far more powerful is what people don't see.  Trump admin made some deals with Mexcio and few other neighboring countries - where if they catch someone here, they send them back till to first country they entered - till they resolve the case.  Plus Mexian military is now patrolling their borders.  So all of those have impact.  It is a problem where you need to do 10 to 15 things to manage the numbers.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I don't have an issue with the wall. Our country blows plenty of money on worse things for sure.
"Children are tiny versions of us minus the crushing failure"
 x 0 x 0
I've talked to many leftys on this and the lack of support was only to prevent Trump from following through on his campaign promises.  Many even said, a wall won't stop people from coming here.  They cited the many that fly in.  When you explain how by building a wall you can cut a percentage of people and reallocate resources to other areas the room gets silent.
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 02:41 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  I've talked to many leftys on this and the lack of support was only to prevent Trump from following through on his campaign promises.  Many even said, a wall won't stop people from coming here.  They cited the many that fly in.  When you explain how by building a wall you can cut a percentage of people and reallocate resources to other areas the room gets silent.

They know it very well - but just wont admit it.  Percentage drop in illegal flow,  drug traffic, crimes etc. - you will easily recover that money in few years.
It is what it is.
 x 1 x 0
For a year or two... I thought Trump would EASILY win re-election. Told everyone that would listen... which always upset liberals.

About 4-5 months ago (including here)… I was still predicting Trump, but wasn't as certain.

But everything going on lately... including this (more wall)… I'm thinking this will be a much bigger win for Trump than last time. Every time I see things "getting done" lately... I then think about how the Democrats literally have given up trying to do ANYTHING positive for this country. TDS is destroying their own party. While Democrats whine about impeachment (which pisses off every non-liberal in the entire country)… he's getting shit like this done.

Democrats have no one to blame but themselves. Morons.

If Trump keeps his nose clean this year (and I don't whine about the stupid shit that Democrats do), this election is going to be a laugher.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 04:57 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  For a year or two... I thought Trump would EASILY win re-election.  Told everyone that would listen... which always upset liberals.

About 4-5 months ago (including here)… I was still predicting Trump, but wasn't as certain.

But everything going on lately... including this (more wall)… I'm thinking this will be a much bigger win for Trump than last time.  Every time I see things "getting done" lately... I then think about how the Democrats literally have given up trying to do ANYTHING positive for this country.  TDS is destroying their own party.  While Democrats whine about impeachment (which pisses off every non-liberal in the entire country)… he's getting shit like this done.

Democrats have no one to blame but themselves.  Morons.

If Trump keeps his nose clean this year (and I don't whine about the stupid shit that Democrats do), this election is going to be a laugher.

That is what amazes me .. on paper he should win easily .. but polls are close.  He is relentless in getting things done - goes through one after another lawsuits, gets blocked by House Dems - just finds way around to get things done.  If you think about it he has trade deal now with China, another one with Mexico/Canada, another with SK, and another Japan.  Just one thing after another - and it goes on non stop - working on next list of things.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
I think Trump needs to be less reactive to his detractors on Twitter.  I also think the impeachment proceedings coupled with their Iranian position, have really torpedoed what little chance they did have in 2020.  
"Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you." ~PROVERBS 9:8

x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 05:23 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  I think Trump needs to be less reactive to his detractors on Twitter.  I also think the impeachment proceedings coupled with their Iranian position, have really torpedoed what little chance they did have in 2020.  

Yes agree.  Just choose wisely as far as whom to go after.   

Just today Senate Dem blocked a bill that condemns Iran for their behavior and supports Iranian protesters against their regime.
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 05:23 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  I think Trump needs to be less reactive to his detractors on Twitter.  I also think the impeachment proceedings coupled with their Iranian position, have really torpedoed what little chance they did have in 2020.  

That is only because they weren't smart enough to get me to run against him. I could buzzword the hell out a DNC primary and then when what those words really meant were explained in the national debates it would beat Trump. It isn't that Trump couldn't be beaten it is just that the democrats are too stupid to find a candidate that is decent. Similar to when the RNC was running out Dole and Romney.

Buzzwords would be things like "Ellis Island immigration", "removing institutionalized racism", "maxing taxation fair" and "implementing policies from the Scandinavian countries". What the left fails to realize is that means health screening for anyone wanting to come in, being vouched for by US citizens and other limitations that they wouldn't like. Ending affirmative action and other race based requirements for jobs, schools, etc. Reduction in corporate taxes and reducing/eliminating income tax for a different system, i.e. the Fair Tax. Ending foreign aid including financial and military aid while ending funding of the UN and NATO. 

Those buzzwords would get you through a DNC primary and the reality of them would challenge Trump. However, no one the DNC has opposes racism, open borders, reducing spending even if it is only what you give to other nations and slowing down the war machine. Yes, you can find the rare person, like Tulsi, who supports one of them, but being a single issue candidate won't challenge Trump with a booming economy.
 x 0 x 0

I agree about Twitter, but I think most either always loved it... or, like me, just have become pretty numb to it.

Although I still roll my eyes a lot. Like the other night, he had like 5 tweets at the same time... and they were all basically saying the same thing. Kind of obnoxious.

Just nitpicking, but I also don’t get why he posts “95% approval rating from the Republican Party. Thank you!” .... about once a week. So much more important stuff he could tweet than that.
Etrius on Kavanaugh 9/19/18:  "Now he is saying he was there... Something happened and it was just rough sexual horse play."
 x 0 x 0
(01-14-2020, 10:57 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  

I agree about Twitter, but I think most either always loved it... or, like me, just have become pretty numb to it.

Although I still roll my eyes a lot. Like the other night, he had like 5 tweets at the same time... and they were all basically saying the same thing. Kind of obnoxious.

Just nitpicking, but I also don’t get why he posts “95% approval rating from the Republican Party. Thank you!” .... about once a week. So much more important stuff he could tweet than that.

95% reference is obviously targeted for Senate Republicans- he wants them to end impeachment quickly. Just reminding them what will happen if they try to join with dems. There is method to madness
It is what it is.
 x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 10:22 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  
(01-14-2020, 10:57 PM)sheets316 Wrote:  I agree about Twitter, but I think most either always loved it... or, like me, just have become pretty numb to it.

Although I still roll my eyes a lot.  Like the other night, he had like 5 tweets at the same time... and they were all basically saying the same thing.  Kind of obnoxious.

Just nitpicking, but I also don’t get why he posts “95% approval rating from the Republican Party.  Thank you!” .... about once a week.  So much more important stuff he could tweet than that.

95% reference is obviously targeted for Senate Republicans- he wants them to end impeachment quickly.  Just reminding them what will happen if they try to join with dems.  There is method to madness

He needs to be less reactive to his detractors.  He needs to stop trying to one up everyone, in many cases it is not needed.  The focus of the GOP should be in unseating Nadler, Schiff, AOC, Pelosi, Omar and Tlaib.  Even if it means backing a democratic challenger.

x 0 x 0
(01-15-2020, 02:56 PM)Dr_Pitbull Wrote:  
(01-15-2020, 10:22 AM)apollo04 Wrote:  95% reference is obviously targeted for Senate Republicans- he wants them to end impeachment quickly.  Just reminding them what will happen if they try to join with dems.  There is method to madness

He needs to be less reactive to his detractors.  He needs to stop trying to one up everyone, in many cases it is not needed.  The focus of the GOP should be in unseating Nadler, Schiff, AOC, Pelosi, Omar and Tlaib.  Even if it means backing a democratic challenger.

Yes needs to pick his battle.

Actually keeping Nadler/Shiff/AOC is not a bad strategy - these nutcases will help you gain majority.   
It is what it is.